good service

pikehunter

As some of you previously may have read here before I bought a new but used car, a 2005 Ford 500. Had it for 5 weeks now, 1 week past the 30 day warrranty coverage but still within the 90 day power train warranty.

So this morning at 6 A:M get in the car, turn the key and it was a rather slow turn over. Thought, well that isn't too good, it's cold out but not arctic like. Then I notice most of the idiot lights are lit and not going off after the car started and the 'puter message centre is in darkness (stayed this way all the way to work.) Go to work shut it off, restart and same thing although it turned over quicker. Tried it again and click click clik! Damn!

Call the dealer after they opened, spoke to service manager and he says to bring it in. Could only be the battery has a low charge and it's causing everything to go wonky. Even the cd player was trying to eject discs after the ignition was off.

Talked to the sales man I bought it from and he says not to worry, we'll work out something. I get boosted and take it into the dealer. (I could tell you about all the other missfortunes of the morning but...)

Anyway, they tested everything and found out that yes the battery was bad and the alternator was shot! In goes a new one of each and all done at no charge!! And a free carwash to boot!

I couldn't believe it! So since I am still in amazement as I was hoping that they would cover at only a part of the bill I was not expecting this! So here goes, Discovery Ford on Brant St. in Burlington, owned by Allan Pearson, the helpful sales guy is Jeff Novasell in the used car dept. and John and Debbie in service. My hat is tipped :worthy: to all of you in greatful appreciation and giving me a great ending to one of the worst days in a long long while, the car trouble is only a part of my day's problems! :wallbash:

It isn't everyday this sort of exceptional thing happens to me so I am passing along this good news because they are doing such a great job of providing customer service and that is something worth mentioning. Not too many businesses will bight the bullet and not expect payment, I would have been pleased if I had to pay some, however I am ecstatic with this outcome.

I bought a used 2005 Five Hundred SEL about 18 months ago. So far it's been trouble free, except that I had to replace a battery as well. With all those lights coming on when you press the door unlock remote, and staying on after you exit the vehicle, I can see why the batteries don't last. What an awesome car though. Enjoy.

500.jpg

Only thing I extremely dislike about the 500 is the lack of a fullsized spare, the donut is a joke. My neighbour is an older gentleman and asked me if I could swap the donut out for him for one of his snow tires. So I just did all 4 instead :) He said he didn't feel comfortable with the 1hr drive ahead of him on the donut, I don't blame him.

Only thing I extremely dislike about the 500 is the lack of a fullsized spare, the donut is a joke. My neighbour is an older gentleman and asked me if I could swap the donut out for him for one of his snow tires. So I just did all 4 instead :) He said he didn't feel comfortable with the 1hr drive ahead of him on the donut, I don't blame him.

Yeah. I always buy my vehicles with the spare tire being the # 1 prioriety. Fortunately, mine came with a full sized spare strapped to the roof.

Ford dealers are like any other dealer in that they are generally owned by different people.

For off warranty service, the service varies. pikehunter it sounds like you have found a good one & they deserve praise. Good service should be praised just like poor service should be commented on. Serves to reward the good guy's. :clapping:

Years ago I also had an excellent experience with the local Midas dealer in Stratford. A few months after they replaced my muffler (muffler & tailpipe only) I blew a dounght gasket at the manifold. I took it in for repair. After almost 2 hrs. labour due to seized bolts they had it repaired.

When I asked how much I owed I was told "No charge & here's a free calander for next year."

Good to great service deserves to be told to others. May encourage others to treat customers better & yes punish the those who treat customers poorly.

If they would of charged me for the labour & part it would have been fine & not bad service but they really excelled in this case. I have no problem passing it on either.

Best Wishes: Rick