Ron Wilson's Got To Go  

46 members have voted

1. 1. When will Wilson get canned/resign

• Before Christmas 12.25.10
    • After Christmas 12.26.10
    • He'll get through the season 10/11

Guest Johnny Bass

Trouble is, as Burke is painfully aware...where to get one or both

Like I said. Trade Kaberle for a forward and use the money we have in the coffers for a top scoring free agent. And we will have a first line.

Hahaha...you leaf fans kill me....one minute planning the parade the next firing the coach....the laffs are coach killers... :w00t:

All kessle needs is a coach, management team, gm ,6 defence a goalie and 15 forwards to play with..... :rofl2::rofl2:

After the loss tonight it'll be 12 losses in the last 13 games....priceless

Guest Johnny Bass

Hahaha...you leaf fans kill me....one minute planning the parade the next firing the coach....the laffs are coach killers... :w00t:

All kessle needs is a coach, management team, gm ,6 defence a goalie and 15 forwards to play with..... :rofl2::rofl2:

After the loss tonight it'll be 12 losses in the last 13 games....priceless

The good news is we are going to be playing a lot of games with Ottawa so we should work our way back up the standings! :thumbsup_anim:

I disagree. Kessel's got speed and is a really great play maker also. I also like it when he rushes up the ice, slams on the breaks, waits for support to come in and makes great plays. He's the only leaf player that does that. He got spooked in the Boston game and he let them get under his skin. Once he picks himself up, he will be racking up the points.

Kessel is a goal scorer and when he`s not scoring well he`s not doing much,Gretzky,Yzerman,Oates,Sakic and guy like that were great play makers Kessel`s stats of 80 or so points in 300 plus games is not a great play maker mumbers.

Guest Johnny Bass

Kessel is a goal scorer and when he`s not scoring well he`s not doing much,Gretzky,Yzerman,Oates,Sakic and guy like that were great play makers Kessel`s stats of 80 or so points in 300 plus games is not a great play maker mumbers.

WOOOHOOOOOOO!! What a game!!!!

Do you even watch the games? He has been setting up players, they haven't been putting the puck in the net. He's no Yzerman or Gretxky, but he is a good player. You notice his speed draws alot of penalties, because they cant keep up with him. He had alot of shots on net tonight, but he only had one truly great scoring chance in front and he missed(I was surprised).

We will see at the end of the season what Kessel is all about. Right now? Talk is cheap.

Edited by Johnny Bass

Like I said. Trade Kaberle for a forward and use the money we have in the coffers for a top scoring free agent. And we will have a first line.

The only problem with that is truly good free agents or top scoring free agents are becoming a rare commodity with team locking up their good players long term i.e Jeff Carter and David Backes recently.

Not much in the way of top quality free agents next year excluding Semin of course.

Guest Johnny Bass

Its funny. When we were loosing 3 to 0, I was going to post this. Dont worry guys, all we need is a goal and a couple of power play goals.No word of a lie.

But when it was 4 to 1? I admit I was losing hope. Then they scored not only 2 power play goals but 4!!!!Our power play has really picked up! One timers, traffic in front of the net and everything. Guigere let in 3 weak goals! Win or lose I was going to say and everyone knows that I think that The monster has been the better goalie. And what do you know? The monster comes in and makes some HUGE saves with all that pressure on him, but I think there was much more pressure on Guigere.

That call was Bull on goalie interference I think! That goalie tried to save it and he missed the puck! We've lost some games(and won one) this year on bad calls, and soft penalties!

Good move putting Versteeg on the point for sure!Hopefully our scoring starts to pick up from here on!!!

Go leafs Go!!!

Edited by Johnny Bass

WOOOHOOOOOOO!! What a game!!!!

Do you even watch the games? He has been setting up players, they haven't been putting the puck in the net. He's no Yzerman or Gretxky, but he is a good player. You notice his speed draws alot of penalties, because they cant keep up with him. He had alot of shots of net tonight, but he only had one truly great scoring chance in front and he missed(I was surprised).

We will see at the end of the season what Kessel is all about. Right now? Talk is cheap.

Your obviously convinced that Kessel is a great player and Burke is convinced seeing he mortgaged the Leafs short term prospects but as you so eloquently stated talk is cheap!

Guest Johnny Bass

The only problem with that is truly good free agents or top scoring free agents are becoming a rare commodity with team locking up their good players long term i.e Jeff Carter and David Backes recently.

Not much in the way of top quality free agents next year excluding Semin of course.

We'll take Semin, but I think there will be more soon.

Edited by Johnny Bass

193 points in 309 games, actually.

But hey, who's counting?

Guest Johnny Bass

Your obviously convinced that Kessel is a great player and Burke is convinced seeing he mortgaged the Leafs short term prospects but as you so eloquently stated talk is cheap!

He's better then anyone on the Montreal Canadian's team. That's for sure! Big deal. He gave up a few players that may have or may have not panned out. But I am suspicious about who he gave them to. That is why my brother doesn't want any American GMs!

Edited by Johnny Bass

We'll take Semin, but I think there will be more soon.

Semin seems a bit soft,no? I know he puts in the goals and really that is all that matters but come playoff time he doesnt seem to do alot.I think what is needed are BIG forwards who can score and unfortunately they are rarely available.

This is getting dumb. Kessel is what he is, and that is fine. Everyone calls him a forty goal scorer yet he has not scored forty goals in a season. 35 and 30 last year. Funny if you score 35 goals and 25 assists your a sniper (kessel), if you score 35 goals every year and 45-50 assists your a play maker (sundin). There is absolutely no point in bringing Sakic, Yzerman and the like into this conversation. That is just silliness. Sakic could bang in 50 in between setting up his linemates.

As a leaf fan and more importantly a hockey fan I at least try to keep a little bit of a level head when comparing players.

Edited by Grimace

Guest Johnny Bass

Semin seems a bit soft,no? I know he puts in the goals and really that is all that matters but come playoff time he doesnt seem to do alot.I think what is needed are BIG forwards who can score and unfortunately they are rarely available.

We need scoring and he can score. We'll worry about the playoffs when we make it. Like you said. Our options are limited.

Guest Johnny Bass

This is getting dumb. Kessel is what he is, and that is fine. Everyone calls him a forty goal scorer yet he has not scored forty goals in a season. 35 and 30 last year. Funny if you score 35 goals and 25 assists your a sniper (kessel), if you score 35 goals every year and 45-50 assists your a play maker (sundin). There is absolutely no point in bringing Sakic, Yzerman and the like into this conversation. That is just silliness. Sakic could bang in 50 in between setting up his linemates.

As a leaf fan and more importantly a hockey fan I at least try to keep a little bit of a level head when comparing players.

Like seriously. Who does Kessel have to pass the puck to? He scored 30 goals and 25 assists playing 70 games and coming off an injury. He scored 36 goals and 24 assists in 70 games in the previous year. I think his numbers will improve with the right team mates.

We are one the worst teams on the league and you guys think semin is going to sign here? Or Selanne will waive his no trade to come here when he absolutely loves the city of Anaheim. This is dreaming. Burke has overestimated the talent here. If he thought the leafs were this bad he could not have ever pulled the trigger in the kessel deal. We are in a real pickle here in Toronto.

We need scoring and he can score. We'll worry about the playoffs when we make it. Like you said. Our options are limited.

I haven't really watched semin enough to really comment but he looks like the kind of player that needs a good set up man.I think we need a good power forward AND a set up man for kessel.