Finally Scored! ( NF )

bucktail

IMG00074-20101111-0942.JPG

Well went up to Haliburton to a friends place for the last week of the deer hunt and managed to turn around my bad luck finally.

I have missed 2 EASY shots on deer this season from bad shot selection ( branches ) so i think this was the pay back.

I was overlooking a funnel draw area that came from two ridges. I was almost at the top so the bottom was about 75 feet below me.

The buck was following a doe that bolted out of cover near us when a dog started working the area. The whole thing lasted maybe 2 seconds. They came blasting out with no warning, All I remember is " it’s a doe , then theres a buck behind her" They were going full out around 75-100 yards away. I don’t even remember much but I flipped the safety off picked him up in the scope and swung thru him and pressed the trigger as my cross hairs touched the fron of him.

I got the top of both lungs and took out the spine as well , he pancaked and didn’t even twitch.

Ill never make a shot like that again, it was insane

200lbs small 9 point rack, nice deer for up there. Found out it was the biggest one taken that week up there.

Now to get that big one I have been after with my bow!

Nice shot!

I just got in from my trip yesterday and didn't even see any fresh sign...until and hour before leaving :wallbash:

Driest year we've seen in our camp, even the Grouse were few and far between?

Hard winter I guess?

Coyotes, and wolves left a lot of sign though....guess that explains the lack of deer LOL!

Of the 3 camps in the area, only 3 deer, and 2 Bear were taken in the last 2 weeks, and the biggest was only

a 6 point buck. Considering the other 2 camps are large 12-18 guy camps, This was the slowest year we've seen in the area for a very long time.

But thats how it goes sometimes...still nice to get out in the woods.

Beats the heck outta work'n :whistling:

I'm not going to tell anyone how to do this !! LOL

I also heard that alot of camps had a very lean year which had me baffled as it was an easy winter last year. Maybe the heavy snows from the two years before that are showing up now.

My bow area is really good this year with a 150 , 130 and a giant 180+ just 4 miles to the south. Thats my goal now!