NF - I'm gonna need a bigger boat!

Hey guys! I haven't posted much lately as I haven't been fishing, or had a whole lot of spare time to speak of... Long story short, Ginny's about 5 months preggo with baby número trois! Were going to be buying a newer vehicle that can handle the entire family and for some reason the MTO wesite keeps crashing for me. What's the deal with HST and any other expenses that I need to know of when buying a used vehicle in Ontario. I haven't had to buy a vehicle in close to 10 years!

Thanks a bunch!

Ryan & the Fam!

Hey guys! I haven't posted much lately as I haven't been fishing, or had a whole lot of spare time to speak of... Long story short, Ginny's about 5 months preggo with baby número trois! Were going to be buying a newer vehicle that can handle the entire family and for some reason the MTO wesite keeps crashing for me. What's the deal with HST and any other expenses that I need to know of when buying a used vehicle in Ontario. I haven't had to buy a vehicle in close to 10 years!

Thanks a bunch!

Ryan & the Fam!

Congrats on the future new addition, Ryan!! That makes at least two of us that need a bigger boat soon, LOL!!! The boys are going to start getting bigger soon, and, my 14 fter just isn't going to cut it when we all go out.

Congrats to you Ryan. I have 3 kids right now and if you think you didn't have any time before, just you wait. lol

As far as tax goes I am pretty sure you pay the hst when you change over the reg.

As for a new bigger boat, there is this guy on TV who hosts a fishing show. He gave away his boat last year through a subway promotion. His name is Steve Mercer or Rick Mercer or something like that. Anyway, maybe you should keep your ear to the ground to see if if that Mike Mercer will give away another boat. If he is going to run the contest again and I catch wind of it, I will PM you to let you know.

Congrats on the future new addition, Ryan!! That makes at least two of us that need a bigger boat soon, LOL!!! The boys are going to start getting bigger soon, and, my 14 fter just isn't going to cut it when we all go out.

Thanks Frank - we're hoping to find out this friday at an ultrasound if it's a boy or girl! Here's hoping for another boy! I think the 14 footer still has some life left in her Frank! Unless that's just your excuse for a new rig.. in that case, yes the 14 is getting to small.. You can tell Julie I said so! ;o)

Congrats to you Ryan. I have 3 kids right now and if you think you didn't have any time before, just you wait. lol

As far as tax goes I am pretty sure you pay the hst when you change over the reg.

As for a new bigger boat, there is this guy on TV who hosts a fishing show. He gave away his boat last year through a subway promotion. His name is Steve Mercer or Rick Mercer or something like that. Anyway, maybe you should keep your ear to the ground to see if if that Mike Mercer will give away another boat. If he is going to run the contest again and I catch wind of it, I will PM you to let you know.

Hey Cudz,

I can only imagine dude! Thank god Averie is a little older than the other two will be and can handle things on her own now.... especially on the water. You're right I just found a link online that says we'll have to pay 13%... buuummer. And as for the boat I'll talk to Rick! haha The G3 is still plenty big for years of fishing fun to come ans serves me well. Thanks for taking the time..

congrats Buddy ,good luck on the vehicle search .

Thanks dude - she's due in march so we're not in a huge rush for the vehicle but are going to keep our eyes peeled in case a real good deal pops up. Nothing crazy - something in the 2004 or 2005 range with decent KM's.

Hey Ryan...congrats on the new addition upcoming

If you buy private, you pay the PST only when you register the vehicle. If you buy from a dealer, you pay the HST.

Good luck with your vehicle search.

Cheers

Craig

Thanks Craig - I found a link online that's a digital copy to a book we had gotten in the mail... Looks like they snuck in a new tax grab on buying used vehicles. Unless I'm reading it wrong we have to pay full HST on private deals as well.. Ah well, what're you gonna do.

Here's the link:

http://www.rev.gov.on.ca/en/taxchange/taxable.html

Cheers,

Ryan