Perching from Shore

fisher

Hoping to get out with my 7 year old tomorrow morning to do some perching on Simcoe (no boat), but not sure where to go.

Anyone willing to PM me a spot that has been producing lately (or at least somewhere I can go where casting into 10-15 FOW is possible from shore?). Prefer the west end of the lake as I am coming up the 400.

Thanks

Hoping to get out with my 7 year old tomorrow morning to do some perching on Simcoe (no boat), but not sure where to go.

Anyone willing to PM me a spot that has been producing lately (or at least somewhere I can go where casting into 10-15 FOW is possible from shore?). Prefer the west end of the lake as I am coming up the 400.

Thanks

Hey Fisher. I usually fish at the Barrie Marina located on Lakeshore drive for perch (take the essa exit east. Follow Essa and turn right onto Tiffin, then quick left onto lakeshore.) There is a nice drop off and the fish bite good on worms. If you want a little quieter spot, follow the paved bike path on lakeshore south and just settle into a quiet spot on the lake. Watch out for the rocks at the marina, they like to gobble up hooks within 20 feet of shore. A bobber would solve that I suppose.

There was a bunch of people fishing from shore at the Tiffin St boat launch. Not so many the last weeks or two though. I would pick a place to start, and if you don't get anything, just keep moving along the shore. There's lots of spots to shore fish in Barrie.. From Tiffin St boat launch, all the way up to Hooters.

I would have suggested taking Hwy 11 from Barrie up to Orillia and fish off the fishing dock next to the Harbour Master Building or cement wharf in Couchiching Beach Park (downtown Orillia)...

Easier spot for kids to fish from...thumbsup_anim.gif

Edited by Beans

I would have suggested taking Hwy 11 from Barrie up to Orillia and fish off the fishing dock next to the Harbour Master Building or cement wharf in Couchiching Beach Park (downtown Orillia)...

Easier spot for kids to fish from...thumbsup_anim.gif

Norm,the Tiffen area has been paved and cemented.Yep, they made it user friendly.

Giant tiger has the best price.Dont ask how I know. :whistling:

Thanks Brian! That's between my house and the boat launch! Takin my parents out perchin for the first time tomorrow morning. If you're down there and see an ugly camo 14" tinner, with a Johnson seahorse 25 (cap), give a wave ;)

Thanks Brian! That's between my house and the boat launch! Takin my parents out perchin for the first time tomorrow morning. If you're down there and see an ugly camo 14" tinner, with a Johnson seahorse 25 (cap), give a wave ;)

I know where you live. <_< Scary eh? J/K

Edited by BrianB

Norm,the Tiffen area has been paved and cemented.Yep, they made it user friendly.

Sounds good Brian...from what I remember of the area you had to cast out quite a ways using a slip float to avoid getting hung up on rocks near shore...Ok if the kids are experienced casters...

Was down there tonight for a walk with the mrs,s having a timmies. A few 8-10 inch perch in the buckets, and a 1/2 pound smallie. It,s slowing down.

On last kick at the can for me. Then the duck blind goes on the boat.

I'd be more then happy with 15 10"ers for a meal..