Windy year

ra95

I tried to make some wind speed charts over the past 5 years, but alas the internet is not the place to find raw data. I'll see if I can make some graphs at work tomorrow. That will tell us for sure if this year has been the windiest in the last 5 years in the Simcoe area.

The wind is the most annoying element to battle when I'm fishing and I noticed that this year has been particularily windy as well. Unless you're trolling or in a controlled drift, it's nothing but a pain in the butt.... of course that's also part of the charm and challenge of fishing.

its been windy as heck here in montreal too.When its blowing with the current you can actually troll a spinnerbait behind the boat.When its against the current the boat stays almost at a standstill.Its the east and west wind that really rip up the surface.I've become really good at controlling the drift with the minnkotaclapping.gif

I have plotted the daily averaged wind speeds for the past 4 years on 2 year separate graphs in meters per second. It is difficult to put an overall value to the speed, but it looks like this year was NOT the windiest year over the past 4. (too much missing data for 2005)

Edited by Rod Caster

I have plotted the daily averaged wind speeds for the past 5 years on separate graphs in meters per second. It is difficult to put an overall value to the speed, but it looks like this year was NOT the windiest year over the past 5.

hey !!! this is excellentworthy.gif can u forecast the next 5 ?

good friends to have...dentist, mechanic and computer dude !!!!!clapping.gif

I have plotted the daily averaged wind speeds for the past 4 years on 2 year separate graphs in meters per second. It is difficult to put an overall value to the speed, but it looks like this year was NOT the windiest year over the past 4. (too much missing data for 2005)

:wacko: Your chart is not easy to read for a conclusion...

wacko.gif Your chart is not easy to read for a conclusion...

Maybe I should have translated it...whistling.gif

It is just plotted data so without averages and min/max's, you are right it's hard to conclude anything.

...plus I said it looks like this year will be the windiest year. I'm no scientician.

:worthy: :worthy: :rofl2::rofl2:

Actually I was wondering if you can make it more difficult to come to a conclusion...

Maybe I should have translated it...whistling.gif

It is just plotted data so without averages and min/max's, you are right it's hard to conclude anything.

...plus I said it looks like this year will be the windiest year. I'm no scientician.

He's still working for the guvment - 'nuf said!

Michael

The gv offering confusing information? Not likely.angel.png

No worries, one more day and I'm a civi again.

James, haha, If I had more time I'd make a more legible graph.... I've searched, but I can't seem to find any good weather sites that have historical wind speed records. People only care about temperature records I guess??