Which are the best fishing line brands to use?

fisher12

What brand and model do you use?

How many lbs. line do you use and for what?

I fish for bass in the states and add pike and walleye when I am lucky enough to get up to Canada. For years I used only mono from 4 to 17 pound test, either Berkley XT or XL. The lakes I fish in the states, like some I have fished in Canada are very clear. Currently for bait casters I use 12 pound flurocarbon (I like Bass Pro's XPS because it has worked well for me and is not as pricey.) for nearly every thing except Carolina rigs where I used 50+ pound test braid (usually Power Pro) with a 12 pound mono leader.

For surface baits I use 12 pound mono, usually Berkley XL. I use my spinning outfits almost exclusively for finesee presentations and normally I am spooled up with either 4 or 6 pound mono. Again most likely Berkley XL but any ultra limp is fine.

i use mono but make use of fluoro leaders. it's a much cheaper way than spooling up completely with fluoro lines.

I wouldnt reccomend spooling completely with flouro. I would reccomend Suffix as main line though. Tough stuff and doesnt fray when you adjust your split shots. As for flouro, drennan and siglon are good to use.

In some ways it comes down to personal preference...you may have to try a few types and makes until you find something you like.

For most of my light-medium spinning reels I use 8 lb Fireline with 2 foot 12 lb Seguar InvisX leaders. That's good for most of the bass and walleye fishing I do and I've taken pike around ten pounds on that set up. 8 lb Fireline will straighten snagged hooks and will cut an ungloved hand well before it snaps. The stuff is amazing, as far as I'm concerned. It's a little pricey and the standard 125 yard spools an inconvenient size. I bought a 1500 yard spool and I'm real happy I did. I even use it through the ice with a long 4lb flouro leader for crappie and perch.

I like Powerpro on my baitreels, usually at least 20 lb. I usually use either a flouro or wire leader (depending on the species) on my bait casters too.

Like I say, personal prefence plays a big role in what kind of line you'll get the most from. No line is perfect is all applications so you're really looking for the compromise that works best for you.