Big thanks to OFNer DanD

SlowPoke

A big thanks and a plug for DanD (D&S Auto in London)

I've dropped in to see Dan with a few small repair jobs in the last couple of months and he's been fast and fair to say the least. I blew the rear end in my Suburban on Friday, brought it to Dan and picked it up today.... whoa! Pretty fast considering it was a holiday long weekend!

Instead of messing around with a used rear end from a wrecker I opted for a remanufactured rear end through Dan from the U.S.

It shipped complete, ready to install with a 3 year warranty and it was on Dan's doorstep this morning. Cost was not much more than buying a used one nevermind the hassle of finding a good one and replacing worn out parts. In fact, probably cheaper in the long run!

Thanks again Dan!

Yep! Dan is a good guy to deal with, He got me a great deal on my new tires for my pickup, he knows my work situation and does a great job fitting my unpredictable schedule in. He even came in on a Saturday for me. 1st class work and attitude! All London and area ofner's should be taking your vehicles to him!!

:thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: 4 thumbs up!

jjcanoe

Thanks for the plug guys; but like anything else; it’s a two way street and dealing with reasonable people makes things go soooo much easier.

Let alone the potential new friends you meet alone the way.

Thanks again.

Dan.

• 8 months later...

Dan was nice enough to help me get my trailer tires balanced last night (and discovered my new rims aren't running true, time to return them :wallbash: )

Excellent service and great guy....highly recommended!

Looking forward to seeing the sleeper car all finished up Dan B)

You’re more then welcome Ron and if by chance the people that sold you the rims are not willing to swop them out for you; I can mount & balance them here, one night after work?

Oh yea that Mazda will definitely turns some heads, when we let loose with that SL1 350 under the hood. I can hear the guys now in their rice burners; that rotary aint humming the same tune anymore. LOL

Dan.

How can I put it text, you know the signature Mazda "zoom zoom" adverts; well this one will now sound more like ZOOM GERRR ZOOM BAHAHAAHAAAA!!!!!!

Here’s a couple of pics; remember this is a project still in the works, so it doesn’t look to pretty yet; but as soon as the insurance clears, she’ll be road worthy and hopefully proving out all our (my son’s and mine) theory behind the electronics and mechanical; then we'll make it look better, maybe????

I made sure that every legal aspect of the car is spot on; not even the emissions people will be able to find an issue with it. If anything it will exceed the emissions requirements that are set out for that year of vehicle.

You got to love a hot rod that’ll get 35mpg on the highway and run on regular fuel at the track. The six speed manual trans = 1150rpm @ 80Klm per hour; the engine idles at 900rpm. LOL

Dan.

Copy of RX7LS1 001.jpg

Copy of RX7LS1 003.jpg