Thanksgiving muskies

Whitemikeca

I got out on Pigeon Friday with Raf. The 30km winds made it tough to fish. Casting was out of the question so we spent most of the day trolling along deep bars adjacent to sheltered shorelines. Eventually the wind got too bad and we called it a day earlier than we had hoped. We did manage one fish though.

I caught this guy trolling a beliver, as usual. Much thanks to Raf! It was his decision to troll deeper than I usually troll and 10 mins later I get this critter.

mike2.jpg

Thanks again for coming up there with me Raf!

I was back up on Pigeon by myself on Sunday. I managed another good fish, same length but a lot fatter than the one above trolling the same bar with the same lure :). Because I was by myself I just got a quick picture of the fish in the net. It's on my camera which I think I left on my boat :wallbash: so I will try and update the thread afterwards with the pic.

Edited by Whitemikeca

Nice fish man! We were out Saturday on Pigeon. Managed a 32, 42, 44.5, 49" and had a follow from about a 47" and lost another smaller fish. Everything we got was in less than 10 FOW though. I dunno if the fish have gone deep yet.

Same story for us Sunday on Cameron. Few fish in the boat, saw a few more, everything was up shallow.

Nice fish man! We were out Saturday on Pigeon. Managed a 32, 42, 44.5, 49" and had a follow from about a 47" and lost another smaller fish. Everything we got was in less than 10 FOW though. I dunno if the fish have gone deep yet.

Same story for us Sunday on Cameron. Few fish in the boat, saw a few more, everything was up shallow.

Nice job Rob, were you out with Jay? I haven't been out for the ski's in a while, just hung up the bass gear for the year though and plan on putting some of that musky gear to use, hopefully sometime this week.

Nice job Rob, were you out with Jay? I haven't been out for the ski's in a while, just hung up the bass gear for the year though and plan on putting some of that musky gear to use, hopefully sometime this week.

Hey Daryl. Nope, not out with Jay. Out with my buddy Daver. I haven't been out much lately either, but when I've got out, the fish seem to be cooperating. All our fish came on the moon though. 2 on the rise, and 2 on the set!

Sounds like a great day! No wonder I didnt catch more fish! You pressured them too much on Saturday! Thanks!!!

I am not having quite as much luck this year. I have been getting 1-3 fish per trip. I am hoping to bust out and have a good day soon. Last year around this time I got my personal best 6 fish in one day, all trolling.

Edited by Whitemikeca

I am not having quite as much luck this year. I have been getting 1-3 fish per trip. I am hoping to bust out and have a good day soon. Last year around this time I got my personal best 6 fish in one day, all trolling.

Nice fish! Hope to see the other one as well.

A fish or 2 a day around 35 - 40 inch is prety good stuff. Anything more is a miracle, even on Pigeon.

After fishing hardcore there for 25 yrs i would be happy with that. 47 incher was biggest in boat in that time there.

Anyday on the water is a good day, have to wait until the 23rd to go up there.

Great stuff :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Hey guys,

Yeah, I guess they did see some baits on Saturday! lol.

I've been having a decent fall, but I haven't had the time to get out much unfortunately. We've been getting an average of 3-5 fish a day so far, hopefully that trend continues, but we'll see. 6 fish on Pigeon eh? That's pretty not too shabby! My best days out there have been 4-5 fish in the boat with a big one mixed in here and there. I'm looking forward to getting to fish the Kawartha's here into December!

I'd def. like to post that pic of the 49" but I'm having trouble doing so. It keeps saying that the file is too large...I'm not that computer savvy, so I'm not quite sure how to get around that.