Last ice trip for the season

icefisherman

Well...even the best things eventually come to an end.

Started my last ice trip for the season at 6am start in complete darkness.

4.5 km walk...at the spot exactly 7:05am.

Some spots are bare ice and you need spikes, others are snow with lots of water under it.

And others are just slush and a lot of it.

Oh well...good thing I traveled light today...no survival suit...no extra stuff.

In the first 30 min got a huge laker...while trying to grab it, it got unhooked and back in to the water...well...no biggy...I knew more action is coming ;-)

By 9 am got my white fish limit one more time and was ready for the walk back.

4.5 km again...and it took me exactly the same time though I was overloaded with the fish ha ha.

Here is today’s picture ;-) Enjoy!

13-03-07_1006.jpg

So boys and girls...you've got 2 more days of action...go out and get them ;-)

As for me....the seasons is mostly over...may do one perch trip in the next week or two as we'll have good ice for a while. This is my first and only ice season I haven't done any perch fishing. Maybe I should do one perching day ;-)

Boat time now...starting to get some trolling/downrigging stuff in order. Anyone having good used manual rigger for sale let me know please. Also need a second downrigging rod/reel and I'll be set to go on the Bid O and Erie ;-)

Cheers and see you on the soft water ;-)

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

The way my day has been here at work, I knew I should have called in sick and went with you. :wallbash: Could have been a half day of not feeling well :whistling: and then off to work. I guess the question would be....how to get rid of the fishy smell before running into work. (New cologne I could tell them..... :rolleyes: ) Also I think they'd be wondering why my sled was with me. lol! Oh well, great day Emil. We'll do it next season. Now back to work.

Why do people have to stir the pot?

I knew your question was "baiting" and nothing more fishmaster and I also know that icefisherman indeed ate those 2 whiteys for supper with his neighbours on Monday night...before heading out Tuesday for 2 more.

He gets a good day and finds a good spot catching his 2 fish limit, goes home feeds his friends and has the ability to get out, drag his ass thru 4.5 km of slush to catch his last two of the season...and I guess those that had to work instead get testy!

Remember as well...anyone of you can legally go out and catch your limit, go home and gift it to your wife and go back out the next day without eating anything. Next day you can gift them to your kid...and next day your neighbour. Something I absolutely don't condon....but it's legal.

Edited by irishfield

I was just asking a simple ? and yes i do care about protecting our fishery ....i eat fish 2 times a week and love whiteys also ..as for work i still fish my 200 days a year//mar 7th ,9th,12th , 13th ,,all days with limits ...not trying to stir any pot just wana make sure people no there limits and pos limits ...with no wardens around any more ya got to stand up ..

Edited by Fishmaster

You can't "gift them" to family and friends. That is 100% illegal. The limit is for each license holding individual for fish that they themselves caught. Although, it would be very hard for someone to prove that your wife didn't catch them, it is still illegal. You cannot give people your fish and catch more, you are then over your limit. I am studying natural resources law to become a C.O. and that is ILLEGAL.

Well we sure are ruining Emil's thread...but like I said I don't condon it Steve. Maybe it's just folk lore...but what I stated has been said many times here on OFC (ie catch your limit and gift it to another person..go fishing the NEXT day - as you've already caught your daily catch limit) and I'm trying to find it in writting from the regs.

As for CO's not being out there....many have stated being visited on Simcoe this year..saw report of over 3000 people being checked on Simcoe one week and 42 charges laid. We were visited on Saturday way up in Temagami by both the OPP and the CO. They are out there and we need to keep telling people they are out there to keep the "cheaters" nervous and on the straight and narrow.

Edited by irishfield

OK guys,

I didn't want to get involved more in to this "bating" tactics used above, but come on ...enough already!

Do I really owe you any explanation as to what I do in my private life? I posted my results for the benefit of members and posting makes this forum useful to others. I have done nothing illegal, period. Got my daily limit, got home, cooked it, eat it, went again the next day and got my limit again. Do you feel better now?

Do I need to explain or ask for your permission when I invite my neighbours and friends for dinner with white fish and beer? Do you really thing I owe you ANY explanation at all?

I don't think so. Or maybe if I invited you to share my dinner and check my refrigerator it would have made you feel better?

Flaming cause people not to post their reports.

Will you feel better then?

If you are jealous I did well fishing, too bad to sad for you.

Get a life, go fishing, enjoy yourself out there....there are better things in life then pocking your nose in other people private affairs.

After all I am not a big fan of the "Big brother state” concept.

With that being said...hope you all have a great boat season soon :Gonefishing:

P.S. Wayne appreciate the words of wisdom and reason you've posted above.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

I'm not accusing you of doing it, but in the post it was brought up that you can give fish to people as a gift, then go back out fishing. If you eat the fish, and share it with people, then no problem. But if you give people your fish, it still counts under your posession limit until they are consumed. I just want people to know the rules so our fishery can be protected. Limits are in effect for a reason. That being said, congratulations, they are nice whities.