PB Walleye

stubbex1

Back in late August my Wife and I along with the whole family; Mom, Dad, brother and sister, head to the FR for some R&R and some much needed rod and line time. I didn't get much fishing in the first day as the nieces and nephews wanted one of uncle K's signature tube ridesdevil.gif

Next day:

I've been to this section of the French before and have most of my spots on GPS, but the water was about 3 ft lower than last summer so I had to do some looking to get on the fish.

My wife is relatively new to fishing but can handle putting on worms, and holds her spinning rod like a baitcaster and reels backwardsthumbsup_anim.gif I rigged her up with a home made go-getter, tipped it with a worm and told her to cast it out as far as she could and wait 2 mins (no weight) and reel it in as slow as she could.

She picked up a few perch and sunfish within an hour, nothing of size, then she starts hollerling that she has something big.....i reel my line in, then look over and her pole is bent over double, she's reeling like mad, and she's not gaining on the fish at all! This goes on for about 3 mins, (i haven't swapped the line on her reel since december ice fishing 6lb floro) and we still haven't seen the fish. Another minute of me saying KEEP THE LINE TIGHT!!! and she's going I'M TRYING!!!! we see the fish, its HUGE, and better yet its a golden eye! She freaks out and says i have to take the rod, she's shaking too much biggrin.gif

So I take the rod and another minute later the fish is netted, two pictures taken, and released. No measuring tape on the boat, i don't keep many from the french as there is a slot, so i have to idea how long this fish is, buts sh'es a beauty nontheless.

DSC02740.jpg

DSC02739.jpg

the rest of the week was ok, it was really windy and tough to stay on the fish. We caught lots of 12-15 inch walleye and a few nice smallies along with a decent 34" pike while casting for musky. Unfortunately my wife had all our wedding photos stored on her memory card in her camera so we couldn't take any more pics (i deleted two to take these. any more i would have been in BIG trouble haha)

Guest Johnny Bass

Congrats to her for HER PB.lol She must be a northern girl since it looks like she doesn't mind the cold! Oh and I like your ghetto front deck but I'm sure it does the job!

Congrats to her for HER PB.lol She must be a northern girl since it looks like she doesn't mind the cold! Oh and I like your ghetto front deck but I'm sure it does the job!

Yup Sioux Lookout... The casting deck IS ghetto but it works great, keeps the family happy too. Easy in, Easy out thumbsup_anim.gif