2 for 3

kickingfrog

Well, while we were drive-by window shopping for a new house I drove by a small stream that I used to fish for trout many years ago. My first thought was I would much rather spend a September Saturday small stream trout fishing than looking at houses that I can't afford.

Get home, check OFC, see MJL's post with his trout and make-up my mind to go fishing a soon as posible. I have two hours after work on Monday afternoon before I have to pick-up my son from daycare. Everthing is preped the night before, and I am out the door before 2pm and back writing this by 4:40pm.

First fish is a bow, the cork is 8 inches long

DSCF0469.jpg

DSCF0470.jpg

After the bow I thought that I might have a chance to get a triple play: rainbow, brown trout and brook trout.

Next was a small brown

DSCF0471.jpg

Now the heat is on. I have a only a short amount of time before I've got to pick-up Ryan.

Got another rainbow, smaller than the first (no photo)

Got a wopper on, in my mind I had my triple and maybe one of the best brookies of my life. It of course came off. My heart says that it was a brookie, my mind says it was a brown or a bow. I'm going to try to sneak out again to try to find out.

DSCF0474.jpg

Stay tuned. :Gonefishing:

Nice fish!

Funny you should mention me. Perhaps the only reason I actually got started on fishing for resident fish was seeing Ehg landing piles of beautiful brookies and looking at pics Wallacio posted of several gorgeous browns here on OFC - OFC has also been the catalyst for other forays into other types of fishing for me too (like ice fishing). Stream fishing for trout is addictive to the max! I'm itching to get out to the streams again.

Nice fish!

Funny you should mention me. Perhaps the only reason I actually got started on fishing for resident fish was seeing Ehg landing piles of beautiful brookies and looking at pics Wallacio posted of several gorgeous browns here on OFC - OFC has also been the catalyst for other forays into other types of fishing for me too (like ice fishing). Stream fishing for trout is addictive to the max! I'm itching to get out to the streams again.

Nice fish kickingfrog :thumbsup_anim:

Very True MJL, it was posts from Ehg and others that got me on the head water browns. Unfortunatley I recently snapped the tip to my fav ultralite Mitchell Zero gravity rod (anyone has one I will gladly buy it). I'll be back it until the creeks start to freeze, or at least the angler do, then it's steel time.

Edited by Harrison

Oh no another STI infection! Salmo Trutta-Itis must be going around this time of year.

I know how you feel about losing that biggie. I was out with my buddy a few days ago and he saw a big brookie under a log that was rising for his fly, but not commiting. He changed up his presentation, addressing every subtylety imaginable when *SLURP*, the 15"+ brookie takes the fly and the fight was on. The little 5 weight midget rod was doubled over, he gets the fish 3 feet from shore, it starts rolling and

"as mysteriously as it appeared.... it was gone"

For both of us, all we can think about is a gorgeous 1-2lb brookie in full fall colours swimming away, talk about planting an addictive seed!

Thanks for the report and pics! :clapping: