replica mounts

Rizzo

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i've see a few that were kind of strange looking, then again, i've seen real mounts that were pretty screwed up. someone with talent, and a reputable business will make you happy.

Go to the galleries of the various taxidermists that offer replicas and compare the paint jobs and the detailed finishing. You will find a wide range of quality. Some just have the knack and skill to bring them to life, others just can't duplicate the colours and patterns on the fish.

You will find more in the States, but I think that Shawn and James of Advanced probably offer the best paint jobs. Expensive, but they last a lifetime.

Check out New Wave Taxidermy in Florida, but I still think that Advanced do a better job.

I've seen 4 fish done in the last year from Advanced Taxidermy, including one for myself, and all of them have been outstanding in detail and are painted to true life perfection. It's almost creepy how realistic they are, looks like you just caught it and pinned it to the wall smile.gif

Check out the size of the fish! haha couldn't stretch my arms out much further ;)

IMG_0015_med.jpg

IMG_0013_med.jpg

I plan to have my PB smallmouth done in the near future as well.

Edited by tonyb

I had my first big muskie (45") done by Advanced in 2005... and am very happy with it. Their shop truly is a sight to see, some AMAZING fish in there, and you can watch your fish progress through the stages as they make it... it does take quite a while though, mine took 9 months. Their paint jobs are the best that I have seen.

Full.jpg

FrontTop.jpg

Tail.jpg

FrontSide.jpg

EyeDetail.jpg

Guest gbfisher

I've had two fish done by Sean and James at Advanced. One 54" Musky which they did a fantastic job on. Thankfully it was half the price it would be today. lol I had a Large Mouth(green carp :) ) done as well. I also had a lake trout that was done by Gunters Taxidermy up Parry Sound way, fixed up by Advanced. The real Lake Trout mount only lasted 5 years before it started to fall apart. All look Mint still.

Guest gbfisher

I second proline they do great work at reasonable prices!

Proline used to show Advanced work in their window. Seans Salmon he won a boat with in the Toronto Salmon hunt. :rofl2: Go figure.

..but I'm sure they do fine work now. B)

Edited by gbfisher