chumming legal in Ontario?

SylvanOwner

Just as the title suggests I'm trying to find out if chumming is legal in the Kawarthas in the non-ice season? The issue came up during conversation recently and I couldn't find anything in the regs. summary or by doing a search so would appreciate input from the community.

Thanks in advance for all your informed responses.

I'm not sure about the regs, but the two times I took OFC'ers out into Jordan Harbour in a 15K NW wind one of them ended up chummin.. tease.gif not to mention any names... but you know who you are... It worked well one day. The next time the fish must have learned it wasnt so appetizing. I may have to start keeping records on what the chummer ate for supper the night before and see how big the fish arew00t.gif

Chumming,is not illegal, in the case of fishing.

Baiting, in the case of ducks or goose hunting is.

My experience in regards to chumming for salmonids, is that it isn't worth the effort. A well presented single egg or imitation, is just as good.

Others have different experiences,I'm sure.

I'm not sure about the regs, but the two times I took OFC'ers out into Jordan Harbour in a 15K NW wind one of them ended up chummin.. tease.gif not to mention any names... but you know who you are... It worked well one day. The next time the fish must have learned it wasnt so appetizing. I may have to start keeping records on what the chummer ate for supper the night before and see how big the fish arew00t.gif

:blush: That was a blueberry fritter and a large tea from timmies..That would be the chum you dont want to use...lol Funny one Rick..Had it commin eventually didnt I :Gonefishing:

A buddy of mine throws candy when it's called for and he does extremely well doing it. I don't even bother to compare numbers at the end of the day. Luckily for me he does it in my presence also so I get to benefit for it. It's a combination of things really, but if the conditions call for it, it works...