Lac Seul Report

limeyangler

Hi all,

headed out at stoopid o'clock to do a last fling outing for the year to Lac Seul. It was a tough days fishing by lac Seul standards, The biggest walleye being around 22". I've found it hard to find the big ones there this year although the abundance of 17"ers is good for eating if not the waistline. My only problem with yesterdays fishing is that i wanted to go out with a bang on LS this year....now i'm tempted to head back there "one last time" to see if i can get into some of the bigger walleye. Mind you, fishing deep even makes the small ones punt a decent bend in your rod!

EVEN SMALL ONES FISHED DEEP PUT A NICE ARCH ON THE POLE

IMG_0874-1.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

The biggest fish we had all day was not in deep water but on a sandbar, and it fell to a 6" sucker minnow on an 'oddball' jig. The fish seemed scattered today, you'd pick off a couple at each spot before hey seemed to dissappear. There were other people camped at the landing and they were saying they were experiencing the same thing out there.

It was freekin' cold and windy most of the day which probably added to the feeling it was a slow day, but i would do it all again if i had the time...love fishing Lac Seul!

BIGGEST OF THE DAY....WENT BACK IN

IMG_0873.jpg

HERE'S SOME VIDEO FROM THE DAY

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhD20j-FE3s?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhD20j-FE3s?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhD20j-FE3s?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Guest Johnny Bass

Great report and great vid. My buddy loves using medium light, light and ultra light tackle jigging for pickerel. And that's my move when I lose a fish or big hit. I just want to snap the rod in half!lol

Try the evening bite and fish into dark for the big ones. The colder it gets, the better your chances so I think you should definitely consider going back.

Hey Simon, nice to see you got up to LS for one last (or maybe not?) kick at the can. The fish are getting fat, as they do at this time of the year. Good on ya for putting the over slot back too!!

Hey Ben!....good to hear from ya again.. Guess we'll be treated to a summer summary post from you soon right? Cant wait. I dont keep the big ones, i dont fish Lac Seul for supper as a rule......but if supper fish are biting.........BONUS!

Man.... last kick at the can :dunno: I think you should go back Simon ;) Some real nice eyes you guys got into and sweet reward for your efforts B)

Great report, pics and video as always :clapping:

Thanks for sharing

Jacques

Ok ..................i'll go back Jacques...........just for you...

Great video Simon. Definitely got my mouth watering for some walleye. Did you catch all of those fish on 6" sucker minnows? That's really like giving them a steak dinner :lol:

Not all were on the big suckers MJL. I like to have the big baits with me though this time of year, its like Ben said...........they are fattening up for a long cold winter...

go back simon nice eyes and pike awesome video

OK........OK...LOL...........i'll go back :thumbsup_anim::whistling:

Great report and great vid. My buddy loves using medium light, light and ultra light tackle jigging for pickerel. And that's my move when I lose a fish or big hit. I just want to snap the rod in half!lol

Try the evening bite and fish into dark for the big ones. The colder it gets, the better your chances so I think you should definitely consider going back.

I had to laugh when i was stitching the video together, i did not realise i caught the 'rod snap' moment, i have that reaction frequently.....

I hear ya on the evening bite, we were thinking the same thing on the way back that day...

Judging by the video that is a very decent day :Gonefishing:

Always fun fishing LS......but it was slow compared to usual...

Great read and video Simon.

Seems you did okay despite your claim of slow fishing.

Just a thought..but in my experience if the lake has turned over already you might find concentrations of fish in 40-50' flats.

It's a dangerous pattern as you either have to reel the fish up super slowly or fizz them before you throw them back.