Fuel Rigging question

HTHM

I have dual inboard tanks on my boat. If I were to take the two pickup lines and connect them with a "T" and then connect to the motor, will I be able to draw from the two tanks at the same time and eliminate the tank selector valve?

I would like to try to keep the boat balanced as it uses fuel without thinking about it and eliminate the concern of, "Do I have the correct fuel gauge on?"

Edit: As well, where is the best place to get a new primer squeeze ball?

Edited by HTHM

I also have dual tanks Albert, but I just always leave the selector switch in the "both" position and everything works fine with both tanks draining equally.

Can't see any reason it won't work just as well with bypassing the selector switch altogether the way you want to do it :dunno:

As for the primer bulb, I'd think CTC would probably be your cheapest place.

Edited by lew

It is worth a try but I would expect that if the tanks are at different levels or different length of hose it would suck the lower/ closer one dry faster and then suck air before draining the other tank. The equalizer tube on a two tank system is located at the bottom between the tanks.With this said if Lews boat is set up without a equalizer tube or special piping then you are golden.

Art

With this said if Lews boat is set up without a equalizer tube or special piping then you are golden.

Art

I honestly don't know if I have the equalizer or not Art, but the way you describe things I would spose I do.

It is worth a try but I would expect that if the tanks are at different levels or different length of hose it would suck the lower/ closer one dry faster and then suck air before draining the other tank. The equalizer tube on a two tank system is located at the bottom between the tanks.With this said if Lews boat is set up without a equalizer tube or special piping then you are golden.

Art

Thanks for this, I did not think of that. I guess I will have to spend the money on fuel line and do it as per the factory.