Put my dog down yesterday - Life sort of sucks.

Governator

I've known that feeling only too well when having to put my furry friends to rest. All these reminders can just choke you up. My condolences, they are special to us. That being said, there is an animal looking for a happy home, that wants to be loved and will love you unconditionally in return.

As for all the other stuff piled on your plate, it is only temporary, but yes it feels like someone has dumped the world on your shoulders.

Guest LivingLegend

I know eaxtly how you feel after my bulldog wasnt taken from me due to a drowning accident, the little reminders from toys to hair's left on the floor really hits the hurtin nerve's. I dred the day I have to bring my second bulldog in. They become apart of your life and its just to short for them. The only way to get over it is time or even filling the empty feeling with another little pup...... This choice will be for you to make, be strong!

good.gif

Sorry for your loss, been there done that a few times over the yrs. It never does get easier.

We lasted 18mths after our Springer Spaniel had to be put down, we got a Bijhon? Different breed, different mannerisms, and he changed our around almost immediately!

Yeah we all go through trials and tribulations. Some are harder then others. It's what builds compassion towards others who need the comfort of knowing they are not the only ones who have been down this road. And are not alone. It sucks to have to go through it. It's what builds compassion for others. So we can know what others go through emotionally. And thus give them comfort in times likes this.

dsn

Edited by DSN

Guest Johnny Bass

That REALLY sucks....Sorry for your loss.Life sometimes does seem unfair and it can "suck" bigtime. Unfortunately death is a part of the earth's life cycle. If it weren't, this planet would have been over populated a long time ago. Still...it never is easy losing a loved one. I've lost a few cats myself but I would imagine losing a dog is much worse...

The question is....Should I reconsider getting my niece a puppy? To spare her some future pain? Is it worth all the joy a puppy can bring in the end?What do you think governator?

Ah i'm sorry to hear that, keep your head up, things will get better!

It was definately one of the most difficult times of my life when my alaskan malamute was put down a few years back from throat cancer, took a little less than a year to get another dog (Great Pyrenees) it helped ease the pain and brought new joy to my life for sure, and I know I will never forget my malamute so i was able to gain some peace.

Edited by JBZ

We get so attached to our pets and it hurts so much to lose them because they give us unconditional love 100% of the time. I put down my Molly 2 years back and still get choked up thinking about her. I thought maybe I'd switch things up and tell you a true story that happened to my neighbor Mike and me a number of years back. We were coming home in his truck when we saw his cat Boots laying in the road only a 100 yds from the house. It had been hit and she was already dead. Mike picked her up and we took her to his home and he broke it to the kids. We had a little funeral service in the back yard. All the neighborhood was there to say goodbye to Boots and give their support. After the ceremony we had a bonefire and a few beers in the backyard. At some point later in the evening Mike went inside to use the bathroom, there was Boots sitting on the kitchen table. The kids were so excitedand happy that their kitty was okay. We never found out whose little back cat we buried in the back yard. Boots lived another 10 years. I hope you get passt your grief so that you can enjoy the companionship of another dog in the near future.

Very sorry to hear of your lost Gov. I've gone through the same thing as you when I was a teenager.... mom's dog and two cats had to be put down and to make a long story short, I stuck by their sides while they were being injected and promise myself that I would never do it again.... It's a tough decision to make and tougher to be there by their sides when it's unfolding.... I still have vivid memories of the events.

I think you did the right thing, your friend is in a better place right now and it's not suffering anymore.

Time will heal

Leechman