Quick Bass Report

ccmtcanada

I haven't been out fishing a lot this summer, but I had the good fortune of getting out both days this past weekend! Saturday was spent with GBW and we had a great time out there. Yesterday, Fishnsled and I hit the Kawarthas in search of some fish! It was just my third time out this season.

We were on the water at just after 7am. Within the first half and hour, we both had muskies on and unfortunately we both lost them. They were rolling around the surface and we were hoping for a banner day! Will spoke up "It's great being on the water at this time...it's quiet...there's no boat traffic...and the fish seem to be on!". About a second later, the first group of 3 bass boats screamed by us...followed closely by 2 more. LOL. Apparently there was a tournament on the lake!!! The bite instantly turned off as soon as they zoomed on by, so we changed our focus to bass.

We boated about 10 fish all day long....nothing huge...not a banner day, but a great day nonetheless. Here's a few pics.

01willbass.jpg

02cliffbass.jpg

03cliffbass.jpg

04morebass.jpg

Thanks Will! For the great day on the water and a great dinner later in the day. Now...we'll focus on Nipissing...and then lets pick a date or two for those fall muskie!!!!

Edited by ccmt