NFL Preseason

Steve_R

Tis a shame the fine line that is drawn between being a dynasty vs. a footnote aint it Mr. Bob..... Well a footnote to some anyway. Not I though, superbowl rings or not....that team brought about an amazing AMAZING era to this town.

I was at the game when the crowd rushed the field and the goal posts came down. It was surreal (disclaimer, i do not condone it) but i was forced to go on the field being in the first couple rows of the endzone. My other option was to get crushed by 80,000 plus lol.

It'll never happen again, we may win again someday. But never will i have the feeling back of those years with that team. They were a family to this city. DO you remember a nightclub called "Network" downtown Billybob? We used to hang out there every weekend and see them all come thru walking to the V.I.P. room talking to fans along the way. Just a really unorthodox group of guys in comparison to todays athletes that felt so tight knit and in tune with the city and it gives me chills to sit here (as i just did) and look back on it all via Youtube. I couldnt even imagine winning with any other team, and having it feel the same. Go watch some youtube from those years Billy bob and get all them chills back!!!!

I hang my head for NO-ONE during those superbowl losses, and feel blessed to have lived through that era of Buffalo history

Blaque, you are correct in saying that the athletes of those days are long gone. Now it's "where's MY money" and kiss my feet. Sorry not this guy. NFL football is no longer in my heart these days as it once was not only because the Bills are not a good team but also because of the THUGS through out the league.

The "Network"....wasn't that the club Jim Kelly owned downtown..if it was, my son was playing little league football then and we got to take the team down there and the kids were on TV because they taped a show out of the place. The head coach, Mike Powers new people in high places and got the invite.

It will be interesting to see how the rest of history will be written once Ralph Wilson passes away.....I can see the team going to LA or MAYBE Toronto. Time will tell.

Bob

LONG time Bills fan but now a days I have to be realistic and I don't see this team competing for the next 3-5 years or maybe EVER with the greedy owner we have.

And for you "fish" Dolphin fans including Marino, I have only this to say....JIM KELLY limited out when fishing for "Dolphins".....those were the good old days... :whistling:

At one time the rivalry between Buffalo and Miami was one of the biggest in the NFL......now NOTHING.

They say "EVERYTHING" is for sale, so here goes......one die hard football fan still looking for a home. :wallbash:

well the Bills of the early 90s may have gotten their limit of dolphins,it was the cowboys,redskins and giants they could not hook. Sorry to say I still remember listening to superbowl game on the radio when Norwood went "wide right" :clapping::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: I was so excited I almost went off the road. A dolphin's fans biggest nightmare would have been the bills cashing in on that or one of the other 3.

Blaque, you are correct in saying that the athletes of those days are long gone. Now it's "where's MY money" and kiss my feet. Sorry not this guy. NFL football is no longer in my heart these days as it once was not only because the Bills are not a good team but also because of the THUGS through out the league.

The "Network"....wasn't that the club Jim Kelly owned downtown..if it was, my son was playing little league football then and we got to take the team down there and the kids were on TV because they taped a show out of the place. The head coach, Mike Powers new people in high places and got the invite.

It will be interesting to see how the rest of history will be written once Ralph Wilson passes away.....I can see the team going to LA or MAYBE Toronto. Time will tell.

Bob

My sentiments exactly.........i spend more time fishing these days on sundays during the season. And its not even the bland football team thats on the field nowadays here in Buffalo that is to blame, but more the feel of the game. Its just flat to me anymore.

And yeah i believe Kelly owned or at least co-owned Network. It was one of the banks that used to be downtown turned into a club........you could enter it thru the main place mall or outside on i believe N. division street. Its funny, I used to live there on weekends but its location is a bit fuzzy if you get my drift LOL

A pretty diverse fan base on this board....and that's great. But I'm suprised that I'm the first to make mention of the 5 five-time Superbowl champion, 8-time NFC Champion, the 2010 NFC favourite and soon to be 6-time Superbowl champs, "The World's Team", the Dallas Cowboys. I've been a hardcore fan, and I mean hardcore, for over 30 years. :D

Good luck to everyone and their teams. Should be another great season!

BTW, anyone play pro-line/pointspread? How d'ya do last season? I was terrible. Hope to do better this year.

Edited by rbell

My sentiments exactly.........i spend more time fishing these days on sundays during the season. And its not even the bland football team thats on the field nowadays here in Buffalo that is to blame, but more the feel of the game. Its just flat to me anymore.

And yeah i believe Kelly owned or at least co-owned Network. It was one of the banks that used to be downtown turned into a club........you could enter it thru the main place mall or outside on i believe N. division street. Its funny, I used to live there on weekends but its location is a bit fuzzy if you get my drift LOL

Don't feel bad about being a bit fuzzy....there are a LOT of old NFL QB's that are still fuzzy from being blind sided by Bruce Smith.....he was on the radio this morning talking about the old days here in Buffalo and he wished this Buffalo team luck but tried to say playing that 3-4 defense is a lot harder then most think.

I can still remember like yesterday at games at Rich Stadium when it was a third down situation and the opposing team needed to throw the ball for a first down and chants of BRUCE BRUCE BRUCE got louder and louder while he pinned his ears back and made ANOTHER important sack for the defense. He beat MANY double and triple teams to do it but sometimes he needed a little help and Biscuit Bennet ran down the QB with his lighting speed. OH, those were the days, my friend.

When my son went on to Cortland State to play middle linebacker is when I learned to watch college football...we follow him and his team all over the country and really enjoy watching him play. But even now I still rather watch college football for various reasons....#1 reason is there is a LOT LESS commercials and a LOT MORE FOOTBALL played.

A pretty diverse fan base on this board....and that's great. But I'm suprised that I'm the first to make mention of the 5 five-time Superbowl champion, 8-time NFC Champion, the 2010 NFC favourite and soon to be 6-time Superbowl champs, "The World's Team", the Dallas Cowboys. I've been a hardcore fan, and I mean hardcore, for over 30 years. :D

Good luck to everyone and their teams. Should be another great season!

BTW, anyone play pro-line/pointspread? How d'ya do last season? I was terrible. Hope to do better this year.

Don't be too quick raising that banner! GO PACKERS! See you in week 9!

When my son went on to Cortland State to play middle linebacker is when I learned to watch college football...we follow him and his team all over the country and really enjoy watching him play. But even now I still rather watch college football for various reasons....#1 reason is there is a LOT LESS commercials and a LOT MORE FOOTBALL played.

The College game is definitely a great tradition and a lot fun to watch no doubt. I don't watch it as much as I used to unfortunately. Bang on about the NFL and commercials. It gets worse and worse every year. You used to be able to watch an NFL game in less than 3 1/2 hrs, now their pushing 4 with all the stoppages. It's getting really annoying.

I'll be the second one to say Go Broncos!! I love my Broncos and always will. Although i don't think they're going to have a good year this year i'll still cheer like they have a shot at the superbowl.

Don't get too down on your Broncs. Until Dummervil went down, I would've given them more of a shot. But your biggest problem might me your QB. You might wish you still had Cutler. (What is it about that Belichick clan that breeds arrogance) McDaniels made a big mistake in getting rid of him.

Don't get too down on your Broncs. Until Dummervil went down, I would've given them more of a shot. But your biggest problem might me your QB. You might wish you still had Cutler. (What is it about that Belichick clan that breeds arrogance) McDaniels made a big mistake in getting rid of him.

I'm just a realist. Two running backs already injured, pro bowl linebacker out till december, Kyle Orton as the #1 QB and just lost the #1 receiver (Marshall) and replaced him with a rookie. The Broncos will be great again but not this year.

Ryan, are you serious with the Cheifs?? Come on now....

They are miles away from decent at this point. Matt Cassel is not a good enough QB to lead any team that is not the Patriots to the playoffs. I give KC last in the AFC West this year with 4 wins. Unfortunetly one of those wins will come against the Broncos as usual.

Who in the rest of the division outside of San Diego is going to be better than the Chiefs?

The Broncos? Not Likely . . . McDaniels is ruining that team systematically.

Oakland is Oakland.

Trust me Rock, I got Prociw to go through the Chiefs lineup when he was saying the same things to me, and he was immediately convinced. They've been stock-piling picks and making good ones.

Oh, and does this coaching staff look familiar?

HC - Todd Haley

OC - Charlie Weiss

DC - Romeo Crenell

:worthy:

• 1 month later...

Ryan, are you serious with the Cheifs?? Come on now....

They are miles away from decent at this point. Matt Cassel is not a good enough QB to lead any team that is not the Patriots to the playoffs. I give KC last in the AFC West this year with 4 wins. Unfortunetly one of those wins will come against the Broncos as usual.

It's not too early to say I told you so, is it?

They'll win the division next year and compete for it this year (as previously stated).

Here's the remaining schedule:

05 Oct. 10 at Colts

06 Oct. 17 at Texans

07 Oct. 24 Jaguars

08 Oct. 31 Bills

09 Nov. 07 at Raiders

10 Nov. 14 at Broncos

11 Nov. 21 Cardinals

12 Nov. 28 at Seahawks

13 Dec. 05 Broncos

14 Dec. 12 at Chargers

15 Dec. 19 at Rams

16 Dec. 26 Titans

17 Jan. 02 Raiders

Hahahaha - A legitimate shot at 11-5 based on strength of schedule. I'll be cheering for them (and my Packers as always).

It's not too early to say I told you so, is it?

They'll win the division next year and compete for it this year (as previously stated).

Here's the remaining schedule:

05 Oct. 10 at Colts

06 Oct. 17 at Texans

07 Oct. 24 Jaguars

08 Oct. 31 Bills

09 Nov. 07 at Raiders

10 Nov. 14 at Broncos

11 Nov. 21 Cardinals

12 Nov. 28 at Seahawks

13 Dec. 05 Broncos

14 Dec. 12 at Chargers

15 Dec. 19 at Rams

16 Dec. 26 Titans

17 Jan. 02 Raiders

Hahahaha - A legitimate shot at 11-5 based on strength of schedule. I'll be cheering for them (and my Packers as always).

That has to be one of the easiest schedules in the NFL........

Bills look ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Better then last year. :wallbash::wallbash:

Ok I need a new team,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ARGOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

:canadian:

You can keep them Billy. :tease:

Edited by BrianB

Bills look ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Better then last year. :wallbash::wallbash:

Ok I need a new team,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ARGOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

:canadian:

You can keep them Billy. :tease:

NOPE, no thanks....MANY are already calling them the Toronto Bills and you can have them. They don't even resemble a football team.