PROBLEMS WITH SONAR

mercman

IM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY LOWRANCE X135. FROM ONE DAY TO THE NEXT, I HAVE NO MORE ALARM SOUNDS. NO BEEPS WHEN BUTTONS ARE PRESSED...NOTHING. IT READS BOTTOM AND STRUCTURE, BUT NO FISH ARCHES. WHEN I PUT IN FISH I.D. MODE I SEE 'FISH' SYMBOLS, BUT WHEN I SWITCH BACK TO REGULAR MODE, NO ARCHES. I RESET AS PER MANUAL SAYS, AND STILL NO ALARM OR ARCHES.I EMAILED LOWRANCE BUT SO FAR NO REPLY. ANY IDEA WHAT I CAN DO ABOUT THIS ?

I have a pair of X135's and have never experienced anything along the lines of your troubles.

Have you looked through the menu to see if you've accidentally disabled some features?

I'd look through mine but to power them up I'd have to untarp the boat and it's hot out there...... whistling.gif

Try disconnecting the unit from its power source and then push the power button a few times. There maybe a build up of unwanted voltages on the electronics. You could go as far as disconnecting both power and ground wires of the unit at the battery and touch them together for a moment; that will definitely discharge any residual voltage in the unit.

If this works but the problem returns; you can try shielding the power wire with tinfoil wrapped around the outside of the wire’s length and then ground the tinfoil. This will hopefully stop unstable voltages from being induced into the unit.

This is just a guess on my part; but I had issues with my finder and VHS radio; the finder would do all kinds of crazy things, every time I keyed the mic on the radio. After shielding the power wire, my problem with the systems disappeared.

Dan

I have a pair of X135's and have never experienced anything along the lines of your troubles.

Have you looked through the menu to see if you've accidentally disabled some features?

I'd look through mine but to power them up I'd have to untarp the boat and it's hot out there...... whistling.gif

yup im sure. in the page 2 menu, there is a section for alarm sounds. it is enabled for fish alarm and disabled for depth alarm and tpad beeps. tpad beeps are the default so once i restted the unit i should have had beeps when the tpad was depressed. i had nothing even though in the menu it was activated.

Paul...once you turn off the fish ID you also kill the "fish alarm". You probably will not get much arching in less than 15-20 FOW.

i hear ya roy,

up until a couple of days ago, i was getting arches in 8-10 feet of water. they were not complete arches, but were definately fish, cause i caught some. i slowed down chart speed to match the drift speed.

I am not familiar with your model so I'm not sure if it has a soft or hard reset feature but if it does then I would try that first.

Here is a forum that specializes in Lowrance products and I'm sure you will get some answers here...

http://www.bbcboards...zeroforum?id=13

Bob

thanks bob

went and signed up, and posted my question. hope they are as helpful as the ofners

paul