New Boat

bulltron

My dad and I picked up a nice little 15" Arkansas aluminum boat over the long weekend ... This is my first boat, and well, my old man has had a couple in the past ..

It was a screaming deal, and came ready to rock with a nice assortment of accessories ... 20hp mercury, trailer, the boat, fish finder, ship to shore radio(which im not sure as of yet what uses it will have to me, i fish smaller lakes mostly), 2 winter life coats, live well with aerator, a down rigger, and 4 pole holders, anchor, etc ... the basics really, with some frills...

theboat.jpg

I'll be taking her for her maiden voyage this weekend, probably just hit up wildwood, or some other smaller lake around London before she goes up north to Lake Nepewassi the following week for some serious fishing .. lol, I've got another downrigger to slap on it this week, I'm pretty stoked about this purchase, and can't wait to get it on the water :)

My dad and I picked up a nice little 15" Arkansas aluminum boat over the long weekend ... This is my first boat, and well, my old man has had a couple in the past ..

It was a screaming deal, and came ready to rock with a nice assortment of accessories ... 20hp mercury, trailer, the boat, fish finder, ship to shore radio(which im not sure as of yet what uses it will have to me, i fish smaller lakes mostly), 2 winter life coats, live well with aerator, a down rigger, and 4 pole holders, anchor, etc ... the basics really, with some frills...

theboat.jpg

I'll be taking her for her maiden voyage this weekend, probably just hit up wildwood, or some other smaller lake around London before she goes up north to Lake Nepewassi the following week for some serious fishing .. lol, I've got another downrigger to slap on it this week, I'm pretty stoked about this purchase, and can't wait to get it on the water :)

Having a sharp eye on things is good, now if I'm not mistaken, there may be something missing from the picture..how about a secondary tie down at the front of the boat, such as a piece of chain with a sturdy snap hook or threaded chain link, wouldn't want to pull another Barrie PS special.

Congrats and listen to the good advice you are being given :) Hope you have many many great trips, going to name it?

thanks, today i put new wheel bearings in int, greased em up all nice, tires check out fine, double checked all the wiring, and tubing, the rear lights are still submergable ... I also installed that safety backup chain on the front there, thanks, i would have never thought of that! .. so after i do some minor tweaks here and there, she'll be in the water this weekend, decided on lake erie, do some not to far off shore fishing with it, give er a test run before the trip up north ...

havn't given her a name yet ... any ideas ?? never had to name anything except my dogs before, lol, not even sure what a good suitable name is ??

any help there would be slick :)