Tackle Box Question

tybrad

Hello again, I have a larger tackle box for when i shore fish or in a boat, but when im out wading, i usually take out 2 trays and put them in an old back pack. Problem with this if i want to access anything i have to walk to shore and back.

I'm looking at either a belt style tacklebox(bag)? or vest but im not sure which has the best utility. I am a spin caster not a fly fisher.

So, what do you river fishermen use?

Tyler

years ago when I waded the rivers I used an old Army Surplus canvas bag. It worked like a purse (slung over my shoulder) I could carry two very small 4 or 5 compartment plano boxes in it along with forceps and insect repellent etc. It never got in the way of my casts or release procedures.

Tom

Me too. I like the lightness of it compared to the fishing specific bags I've bought. Mine has an easy slider strap adjustment for when the water gets deeper. I stick an assortment of worms in a ziplock, an assortment of hooks, weights and leaders (for pike) in a small peppermint lozenge tin, and fill one plastic tray with the lures du jour and a few premounted weighted tubes. The good sidecutters (for bigger pike when I'm stuck in the middle of the river) go in the bottom but are easy to get at. I carry a sturdy pair of pliers on my wader belt and hemostats & clippers on a stretchy necklace. I hang a small absorbent towel off the strap by a stainless caribiner clip.

JF