boater exam

newboykool

Hi, i'm thinking of getting my pleasure craft operator card this weekend on their site @ www.boaterexam.com

but it asks for a supervisor to supervising, does that mean i won't be able to get it till i find some1 who has a supervisor account? :unsure:

THANKS

Not at all. They just want you to list someone to follow the protocol. You are in theory supposed to take the test @ someone elses house so you aren't cheating, and they should supervise you. But if they really cared about that they wouldn't allow anyone to do it over the internet.

:wallbash:

Do what you feel is right..... Its just a money grab at the end of the day, doesn't prove any boating competence.

I believe the supervisor has to log on to the exam from the same computer.......

it only takes about 15min. and someone can get activated as a supervisor

just can't be a family member

It takes as long as it takes to check the email that the supervisor account is registered too, and they don't look into where you take the test. They say its not supposed to be at your home computer, but it hasn't stopped anyone yet.

And the fact that there is no centralized database for the licenses its kind of useless.... We've already had these threads so I guess I'll just stop.

It takes as long as it takes to check the email that the supervisor account is registered too, and they don't look into where you take the test. They say its not supposed to be at your home computer, but it hasn't stopped anyone yet.

And the fact that there is no centralized database for the licenses its kind of useless.... We've already had these threads so I guess I'll just stop.

I agree they are useless..however if you want to drive a boat we deal with it

and I guess what I remember is when I because a supervisor it stated it takes 15 min. to activate it once the form is filled out

Be careful, they have these guys going around looking for people cheating, that 15 minute supervisor verification process is the time they need to dispatch their private investigators to your house if they think something is fishy. The boater exam is no laughing matter, this is serious business here. :tease:

They don't want you doing it from your own house, with another window open on the study guide page while your supervisor is on vacation. The supervisor gets an email but doesn't need to activate anything.

Happy and safe boating, remember to hang the life jacket in the sun after using it, which was answer C I beleive.

Edited by Dozer

Be careful, they have these guys going around looking for people cheating, that 15 minute supervisor verification process is the time they need to dispatch their private investigators to your house if they think something is fishy. The boater exam is no laughing matter, this is serious business here. :tease:

They don't want you doing it from your own house, with another window open on the study guide page while your supervisor is on vacation. The supervisor gets an email but doesn't need to activate anything.

Happy and safe boating, remember to hang the life jacket in the sun after using it, which was answer C I beleive.

lololol

This has to be one of the biggest money grabs (next to the outdoor card) that Canada has ever invented....what next...get your driver's license on the internet (but it cost twice as much)... :rolleyes:

God, I hope the idiots in Albany don't see this.... :wallbash: