LARGEMOUTH BASS IN RESIVOIRS

mikebuns

Ive found a new spot for bass but its not the usuall body of water you would find bass in but trust me,, theres fish..I was just wondering how to locate the best spots to fish as there is almost no structure on the lake and the shoreline is all rock no overhanging trees.. so im sorta outa my element here wondering were these bass are hiding lol im also stuck to fishing from shore cuz theres no boat launch on this lake

. on shore. use your glasses, figure out where the steep drops are, look for birds flying over head of baitfish, fish from points, any visible boulder under water will hold fish, just cast until you pull somethin out.

edit: completley missed the part about being stuck on shore so i took out the boat tips.

Edited by alexcba

If you are fishing from shore? walk the shore line and cast. Let the fish tell you what spots they prefer. Not all areas on a lake will hold fish lack of visible cover may mean they are using weeds or even the changes in the rocks for cover.

Look for any concentrations of bait fish near shore, bass will school and herd bait fish into shore and trap them. Rock shore? like granite or like rip rap? Rip rap is an excellent home for craw fish and it also provides shelter for bait fish. In some lakes with out much cover bass will cruise the shore line searching for food, but there are always spots along the shore line they prefer.

If you don`t see bait fish? small blue gills can become the food source, look for numbers of them near shore. Cast at 45 degree angles from shore, you are searching for likely areas, you cover a larger area that way. Creeks entering the lake, any where storm water run off may enter, it brings in food, either for bass or for bait fish which attract the bass.

From your description I think I know where you mean - being form Oakville too, we're not exactly blessed with hundreds of bass spots!

Polaroids are your friend, there is some structure (stumps and big rocks) although depending on the water level you may not see it all.

Assuming it's the place I'm thinking, I've only caught or seen babies (one was literally holding on to by bait :D ) so mum and dad must be in there somewhere!!

From your description I think I know where you mean - being form Oakville too, we're not exactly blessed with hundreds of bass spots!

Polaroids are your friend, there is some structure (stumps and big rocks) although depending on the water level you may not see it all.

Assuming it's the place I'm thinking, I've only caught or seen babies (one was literally holding on to by bait :D ) so mum and dad must be in there somewhere!!

lol yea u prolly know where im talkin about,, and theres some bbiiiig fish in there ..from around 750-830 theres huge bass jumping everywere

lol yea u prolly know where im talkin about,, and theres some bbiiiig fish in there ..from around 750-830 theres huge bass jumping everywere

Go at night and cast surface lures like jitterbugs , hula poppers, frogs , mice and such parallel to the shoreline would be my best bet. Fished a quarry with LMB and that was the ticket for the bigger fish. Just remember to set the hook at the feeling of the strike or the line jump rather than the splash you hear when you get a strike or you miss alot of fish.