Provincial Park Options

Stoty

Hey everyone,

I have 1 weekend left in the summer that's free (seriously), and I want to go to a provincial park that allows unlimited horsepower, and has great Pike/Walleye/Bass fishing. I am willing to drive from 1-4 hrs from the GTA/Durham region.

Any help is much appreciated!

Feel free to PM me as well.

i am a big promoter of Restoule. Lots of bass and walleye,there are pike(mostly larger ones) but not great numbers because there are so many big muskies. :thumbsup_anim: It is about 3 hours from GTA.Not alot of pressure on any of the lakes(restoule,stormy,clear,bass,lennon)

Stoty,

If you're willing to drive the 4 - 4.5hrs to Temagami then Finlayson Park is a gret choice. Temagami is huge and the fishing is excellent. I will also put in a second vote for Bowslayer and agree that restoule is a good option.

I stayed at Sibbald point on Lake Simcoe, it was an decent campground with fairly clean showers and washrooms,

Lake Simcoe is definitely known for its Smallie fishing, and there are decent Pike in the lake too, not to mention you might be able to get us a Laker or Whitefish for the tournament!

I dont think that you would have to worry about a horsepower restriction on Smicoe, but you would definitely have to be careful boating around though, there are some ridiculous shoals out there.

Other than that I havent been to too many other Parks besides Algonquin, where I dont think you are allowed a motor at all.

Thanks for everyone's input!

I have chosen Restoule as per bowslayer's recommendation!

Daryl, you can have motors in Algonquin, but only on a few lakes. Most of those lakes are 20HP and under, with the exception of Galiary Lake and Opeongo, which are the only two that allow unlimited HP.