My Weekend Report

LucG

Knowing it was going to be a nice weekend, I had my schedule all free for fishing. On Saturday, my brother and I took out the old canoe to one of our favorite little lakes. Fishing out of a canoe in thirty degree weather isn’t easy…lol…especially when you have to paddle. But when the fishing is good, I’m sure I could endure even warmer weather…lol Here are a couple we pulled in on frogs.

This one looks like it just missed being a pike's lunch.

23563328.jpg

Here's the nicest one of the day.

31033335.jpg

I just don't know why he wears his hat crooked like that...but the fish didn't mind...

73235316.jpg

The next day I left the canoe at home and headed for somewhat larger waters. My cousin Rob and I made plans to target some pike on a Pine Lake, a lake we haven’t tried, but have heard good things about. We got to the lake and immediately ran into trouble. We couldn’t find a launch… We asked a few locals that were out for a jog, and they tell us the lake only has private access but seemed as if they were hiding something. We managed to find a few openings were people were launching canoes, and small tinners, but no ramp. One of the locals mentioned something about a lodge owner that has a ramp and rents boats, but doesn’t allow the public to use it. We never did manage to find the lodge. Has anyone ever fished or launched into Pine Lake? PM me…lol Anyways, after collecting our thoughts, we decided to head to another near by lake where we KNEW there was a launch.

We started the day looking for some pike. The fishing was tough and only had a one strike and a few follow ups, but nothing in the boat yet. Our game plan was to target pike, but after 2.5 hours of nothing, out came the bass sticks and we headed for cover. Boy was it hot out!

We fished a nice meandering river system with very little current. The shorelines seemed to be either lillys and weeds, or heavy brush cover, leaning over the banks. After throwing a scum frog for a while with nothing more then a few boils, I decided to switch to something a little slower. Out came the texas rigged creature baits. I tossed it under the brush leaning over the edge, and just bounced it off the bottom. Right away I caught a nice largie. For the rest of the day, that seemed to be the pattern that worked best. Most of the fish were winched out of the thickest brush. You can tell they were hiding from the sun.

Here’s a few pics, there were no monsters caught that day, but plenty of hook ups. We also got to see a nice young bull moose cross the river only yards in front of us. All I need now is an electric motor, I think it would make things soooo much easier.

33084776.jpg

46762114.jpg

33079104.jpg

53289786.jpg

Edited by LucG

That is a serious leg burn in the one photo!

Looks lke a blast

Yeah I know...lol Believe it or not, he got that burn last weekend while we were fishing a tournament on Nip. He said it was still burning. But he didn't neglect putting on sunscreen that day...lol

Could'nt ya tie that moose up till October???

Me thinks your not plannin ahead :thumbsup_anim:

haha...he was only a young buck anyway...

Yeah I know...lol Believe it or not, he got that burn last weekend while we were fishing a tournament on Nip. He said it was still burning. But he didn't neglect putting on sunscreen that day...lol

haha...he was only a young buck anyway...

Take it from a long time hunter-----everyone likes to find that big bull for a trophy..

But, but, but---year old bull is like calf meat---just more of it.

This is all those antlers become anywho...

t10.JPG