Yep,I be smoke,n again

misfish

After last weeks smoke jerk pork roast ,I said toself,lets go for it again.Send the mrs,s down to local plaza and pick up a small chicken.

You all see those split chickens with added herbs,thats not for me tyvm.I want to know whats on my meat.

So here we go with what started out as a single blah chicken,to a jerk smoked chicken with some smoked cobs to boot. :D

Plain ol bird.

20100710_01.jpg

Do some filleting of the belly bone and ribs and putting the dry jerk rub hurt to it.

20100710_02.jpg

Get the smoke pouch going and well the rest is history.3 hours later,and it,s smoked jerk chicky and cobs basted with some fresh garlic butter and dill. :thumbsup_anim:

20100710_05_01.jpg

The star of the show,,,,,,,,,

20100710_03.jpg

Im hooked onto this now.

Give it a go,you,ll love it.We did.

Edited by BrianB

Hey , that's how I've done my chicken the past couple of years, in gourmet circles it's called "spatchcocked ", usually brush with olive oil first and then a rub mixture. Maybe get one of those smoker boxes and try it next , thanks for the tip.

spatchcocked

Thanks Dave. I always seen these birds split and packed,but said what the hell,I can do that.Olive oil first you say.I,ll try it next time,but I be thinking, theres enough fat on the bird that it would not dry out(unless theres another reason for the oil?).I have to say,this is the best bird I have ever had.We ate the legs,the rest is for chicken ceaser salad with,yep you guessed it,smoked sausage on a bun, for sundays dinner. :clapping:

Thanks Dave. I always seen these birds split and packed,but said what the hell,I can do that.Olive oil first you say.I,ll try it next time,but I be thinking, theres enough fat on the bird that it would not dry out(unless theres another reason for the oil?).I have to say,this is the best bird I have ever had.We ate the legs,the rest is for chicken ceaser salad with,yep you guessed it,smoked sausage on a bun, for sundays dinner. :clapping:

Tomorrow night i can be at your front door in 40 minutes! lol

I was not impressed with the smoke pod I bought today.To small.Lasted about a 1/2 hour.Lower left below the grill rack. :wallbash::wallbash:

20100711_02.jpg

So I made acouple of pouches. Totally pleased with the Jack Danials chips.Good smoke,as you can see, and flavor.I went with the dry, instead of the wet this time.

20100711_07.jpg

After three hours,it was time.This rib was served up with some ceaser salad and mustard potatoe salad. :clapping: Pay no mind to the spirit. :rolleyes:

20100711_08.jpg

I pay no attention to what the wife does while Im cooking,but to my surprise,she had made some homemade cheese biscites and a nice banana loaf for desert. I topped mine with some peanut butter and ice cream.Sry cant show that,went down to fast.LOL

Me thinks she,s after Bruces heart. :whistling:

20100711_01_01.jpg

Til next weekend.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by BrianB

Guest Johnny Bass

MMMMMMMMMMM. Its only a mater of time before I purchase a smoker.

Yes I was checking it out. Apparently there is a heated smoker for meat but you need a cold smoker for fish?? :dunno:

I also have a top of the line stainless steal barbeque in may backyard worth a few grand. It has a place where you can put wood chips, and I have the chips but haven't figured out how to use it. I'll ask my neighbor and see if he can figure it out!