Lip of Bomber A Series (crankbait question)

ra95

Lip of Bomber A Series (crankbait question)

The price of Bomber is good but the lip of these crankbait fails.

I bought some on the sale in Lebaron last year and 4 out of 6 has broken on lip. Square A's lip was off at the third casting.

I love Bomber Fat A/Square A for its super floating and wobbling. Any one has a suggestion on the replacement?

I am wondering if I have to spend 10~15 dollar's crankbait to get a stronger lip?

ive broken lips on 2 or 3 different rapala DT crankbaits. one was the first cast outta the package. contacted the company and was told to go buy a new one lol. so, guy was a dick... but i see his point on not being able to replace it. but i have 100's of other rapala cranks, live target, bomber, cotton cordell, and a host of others and have never broken a lip on them... just landed a bad batch i guess. with mass production, ur always gonna have few come through that dont last long.

No i have a bunch of Bomber cranks and never had one fail, maybe just some bad luck on your behalf.

D

I'm with Bucktail on this one. I have lots of Bombers and have never had one fail, mind you they are all older than 10 years. Perhaps they've shifted production to cut costs, not unheard of. whistling.gif

Maybe I fished crankbait on semi-heavy cover too much? I believe ripping from the grass is the only way to trigger the bite ...

I agree whole heartedly, I rip weeds often with my assortment of Bombers and have never had an issue.

But if this is a common issue with the newer product I may need to consider auctioning off my old stock to the highest bidder. ;)

Is it possibly about fishing water too shallow for the depth of the lure? It's tempting to bottom bounce but for some lures the lip is gonna take all the stress. I bottom bounce weighted tubes all the time but there's no lip to break off.

JF

Never had problems with Bombers but I've had more than a few lip problems with Ripplin' Redfins. Lips never broke they just came clean out. They were decent baits but I have never purchased another.