Buckets in the the slop

Well this has been a slow start for the Large Mouths for me so far, but as my fishing mentor told me: " if the line isn't in the water, you can't catch a fish".

I took the canoe out again this am to my favorite local hole.

Decided to tilt the electric motor up and paddle in to the HEAVY SLOP.

Darn glad I did too. The first cast with my top water frog( Scum frog with a big split shot up it's butt) and KERSPLASH!... was too excited and pulled the trigger too quick on it :wallbash:

Tossed a senko right back at at... but the slop was just too thick for me to work that thing in <_<

Another 10 or fifteen minutes go by and I can hear fish rising all around me :thumbsup_anim: .

It's just a matter of time I am thinking.

Yep, a few minutes later and I get a small one. ( too small for a pic.. hehe)

Couple more casts in the same general direction and get another small one.

Decide to paddle a little closer to shore with a big ol tree trunk coming ever so slightly out of the slop.

First cast. BAM ... wait( one steam boat , two steam boat) SET THE HOOK!

largie2.jpg

Yee haw... finally got a decent fish out of there this season.

Slugged my way a little further along the shore line and was rewarded with this one >>

largie1-1.jpg

Dang it was getting hot, so I headed for a shaded stretch where I could cast out from to the heavy mat.

A few minutes there and KERPOW !

bigmouthbass.jpg

By this time the heat was really getting to me and I had some heavy paddling ahead ( in myfat bottom Sportspal :blush:)

Once I got free from the mats I put the motor in third gear and trolled on in with a beautiful breeze to cool me off. :good:

Hope to get back out this week for some shore fishing. I think I found another way to get at the mats from shore too.

Happy fishing all.

Splashhopper