MEC opening a new store in Barrie

kickingfrog

How about this move?

The vacant land that was the fairground is going to be made into shopping of some kind. How about a cabela's attached to an ikea. Everyone in the family would be happy.

I much prefer the barren ugliness of the current dirt hole then say a nice green space.

.....oh wait..... we already had the greenspace!!!!

I'd love to strangle the people that though destroying that park was a good idea.. It's been what, 2-3 years and it still sits there and looks like crap?

I much prefer the barren ugliness of the current dirt hole then say a nice green space.

.....oh wait..... we already had the greenspace!!!!

I'd love to strangle the people that though destroying that park was a good idea.. It's been what, 2-3 years and it still sits there and looks like crap?

Are you talking about the fairgrounds off Essa or Park Place the old Molson Park? I think you are talking about that. Yeah that blows.

I am talking about the Barrie Fairgrounds right at the Essa Rd exit (the horse race track)

Are you talking about the fairgrounds off Essa or Park Place the old Molson Park? I think you are talking about that. Yeah that blows.

I am talking about the Barrie Fairgrounds right at the Essa Rd exit (the horse race track)

Ah yeah, I always get those two mixed up (the names at least)..

Cabelas at the old fairgrounds would be awesome, but if you think that intersection at Essa/400 is bad now, lol..