decided on rice today

alexcba

so my buddies and i decided to go out to rice and brave the storm of boats out on the water lol. did some drop shotting but mostly just tossed cranks on to structure.

we got there at 6am and tied up our lines and set out. we caught a mixed bag of fish everything from small mouth to catfish on crank baits lol. i ended up with about 15 fish just uploaded a few pics enjoy.

DSC02029.jpg

DSC02028.jpg

DSC02018.jpg

bullhead on a live target perch lol

DSC02030.jpg

DSC02031.jpg

DSC02017.jpg

DSC02016.jpg

DSC02043.jpg

DSC02036.jpg

Nice mixed bag.........try waiting until they get outta the frying pan though before you chomp on them, they taste better that way. :dunno: Also a little cherry lipgloss goes a long way when kissing them. Beautiful shore line you have therer for crankin baits.

fishing_noob: the spray works alright, i've noticed a difference with and without it. the fish hold it a bit longer and hit a little harder i find. plus like sinclair said.. catfish on a crank bait lol! he nailed it with ferocity to! i was casting into 16 fow and retrieving at about 8 when that cat slammed it after a fresh spray.

blaque: lol but i like sushi :D that area is my fav place to fish on the whole lake. there is a drop from 5 to 16 feet, followed by a hump, and access to even deeper water. perfect place for walleye and bass.

Great report!! Nice tosee that there are still a few fish left in Rice.....LOL

from what i've seen there are alot more people on rice tossing fish back rather than keeping them.. i just wish those butt heads that keep everything but the slot walleye would contribute.. when we hit the dock for lunch 3 guys had 2 stingers full of under and over slot fish.. bah! i even told them that there was a slot and they said "ya, i know.. you a CO?" lol shoulda said yes.

I fell in love with live target cranks this opener as well, love the attention to detail and the action is just insane. I am still undecided about the live target crawfish cranks, they look nice but I haven't tested one yet - anyone with experience with these?

Thanks for the report!

i picked up a few the other day. will let you know how they do after im done using them this weekend. i imagine casting them into a rocky shoreline or a dock would work pretty good, with just deflections alone.