Quantum parts?

hawk-eye

Hey all

I some how through my clumsyness managed to drop the left side brake cover from my Quantum Iron IR120c baitcasting reel into lake Simcoe this past weekend :wallbash: .

I was pretty pissed off at myself but let it go thinking Ill be able to buy a replacement. After hours of searching I can not find one. This reel isnt even listed on quantums website in there parts page. Im lost and dont know what to do :dunno: .

Anyone here have any ideas? or know someone who works for Quantum that may be able to help?

Thanks guys

Thanks guys Ill try him out. I just got an email from quantum telling me to buy a new reel, they told me we dont make parts nor stock spares for this reel. Its only 3 years old i didnt think it would be that far outta date.

Thanks guys Ill try him out. I just got an email from quantum telling me to buy a new reel, they told me we dont make parts nor stock spares for this reel. Its only 3 years old i didnt think it would be that far outta date.

I have been waiting 9 months for an anti-reverse bearing for my energy pti reel that's not even a year old,sent emails every month they say it'll be in next week. I recently sent an email about their poor customer sevice and never got a reply.

If you get a new reel stay away from Quantum.

I am still waiting for the part....

I broke a titanium bail and had no trouble getting the part.

JF

interesting. you actually broke the bail wire itself or one of the end connectors or what?

I've had problems with Quantum's antireverse also and have read many posts from others with similar problems. It makes me think something is up with their design.

Guest Johnny Bass

That sucks....My first baitcaster was a quantum energy and it served me well. And the energy spinning reel I had was great also. I have been debating between Shimano and the Quantum PTI spinning reels/PT baitcasters. But after this post? Shimano all the way. They are local and great service.

Edited by Johnny Bass

This is the email sent to quantum

"me"

Hi

It is NOW May 27....I would like to know WHEN you will recieve the anti-reverse bearing for my reel??

"Quantum"

These are due in at the end of next week. Thank you,

Not even a sorry for the backorder,any compensation, regrets or replacement of the reel.

No more Quantums for me,Shimanos from now on

Edited by chong

Well I tried Aikman and he told me the same thing Quantum did. YOUR OUTTA LUCK. Damb thing is only 3 years old and parts are no longer available. Not too impressed.

Any imput on a good Baitcast reel, seems im in the market to buy one now.

I need larger style for pike and muskie, im gunna pair it up with a 7'6" one pice Quantum Retroflex

I've had 2 Quantum Energy baitcasters and 1 Tour Edition baitcaster. I've had to bring all 3 in for repairs with under 2 seasons of use - the Energy reels both for drag/anti-reverse problems and the Tour Edition for a broken clip in the thumb bar. Meanwhile, my curados and chronarch over the same period are still working just fine. No more Quantum reels for me.

Went to pick up my reel on Friday because i need it for a fishing trip but the reel hasn't been repaired yet,when I walk in to the repair shop I see about 5 quantum reels on the counter and the owner is on the phone with a client.

Owner gets off the phone and we started talking and he tells me all the reels have the same problem as me a defective anti-reverse bearing,and the bearings are still backorder and not sure when he will recieve them.blink.gif