New To The Family

Welcome home!

ScreenHunter_01Jun121605-1.jpg

Purchased the 7'H frog rod today and it's going to be perfect haha.. Currently put the R-Type rod with the reel, and now have put the Revo SX on the new St Croix Legend Tournament 7'H Frog Rod. Would like to find a Revo Premier to put on this rod :)

ScreenHunter_02Jun121605-1.jpg

But that's another in the books. Send me a PM if anybody wants a new Rapala TS2 7'MH lol. This looks like its the last rod for the summer, would like that Premier then a avid spinnerbait rod to put the SX on.

Anyway, cant break it in until bass season...only a few more weeks!

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

St.Croix's are nice, but your Rapala 7"MH should make a great Spinnerbait rod and you already own it!

The bonus is if you pop a line guide insert etc. you know who is going to fix it.

Edited by garry2rs

Haha, BB you have been away for too long haha. Been using Baitcasters since last fall. There awesome and soo easy to fish with man. Only have 2 but there solid setups.

And Sinker...your right. However, for somebody like myself who caught em before I can see progression in my fishing with quality refined gear. Nothing amazing but hey, I'll love the opportunity to have different setups this season...for some they buy thee best just because they can. Believe me, these rods are high end for myself even but ive made the decision to buy quality gear since I fish lot's and am preparing for possible tournys in a season or two.

St.Croix's are nice, but your Rapala 7"MH should make a great Spinnerbait rod and you already own it!

The bonus is if you pop a line guide insert etc. you know who is going to fix it.

You got a point but then I would need to buy a reel for that rod right. I want a STX on that LTB I think, so when I do I'll take off the SX and buy a rod for it in the 7'MH or 7'M cranking rod would be nice.

All In due time, this summer i wont be buying anymore stuff i dont think. maybe early fall ill get a Xtreme 7'6 jig rod but well see what the finances are like ;)

Nice gear Mike. There's nothing wrong with using nice gear. There will always be the guy that cant justify spending the cabbage on good equipment. We were all, one of them once, till we had an opportunity to try decent gear. Fancy rods don't catch fish, hmm :whistling: I have a couple of Crucial jigging rods from the late 80's early 90's that I just pulled out. Serviced the reels, new line and there ready to go. I don't use them very often but theyre a gas. Hey all you need now is a nice custom built rod.

Nice gear Mike. There's nothing wrong with using nice gear. There will always be the guy that cant justify spending the cabbage on good equipment. We were all, one of them once, till we had an opportunity to try decent gear. Fancy rods don't catch fish, hmm :whistling: I have a couple of Crucial jigging rods from the late 80's early 90's that I just pulled out. Serviced the reels, new line and there ready to go. I don't use them very often but theyre a gas. Hey all you need now is a nice custom built rod.

What is the Gloomis world like...I was holding a 7'2H "Topwater" rod it was called by loomis. Pretty nice feeling but not sure about them yet...there pricy but seem to be specific in actions.

What is the Gloomis world like...I was holding a 7'2H "Topwater" rod it was called by loomis. Pretty nice feeling but not sure about them yet...there pricy but seem to be specific in actions.

LOOMIS rods are great but they are pricey that's why I only have 1 for bass fishing and 1 for steelheading the rest of my bass gear is all LTW shimano or quantum what ever was on sale at the time of purchase not being picky has saved me a lot of $$$

Mike if you want to use a Loomis rod. Let me know. I'm up on Scugog alot and thats all I fish with. I dont buy them just because I can. Trust me when I say I grew up using Bamboo poles and telescopic rods that would fit in a Trout basket. I still know my roots. I still have 2 custom made Bamboo poles for Brookies and Panfish that I use often. Sinker is right when he stated that fancy rods dont catch bigger fish. I know alot of guys that have spent their life savings basically on high end rods that they have no clue how to fish with. But they look good on the boat.

However Fancy rods do make it more easier to refine a technique when its that specefic rod for that specefic technique. I have used most rods made and have just become accustomed to Loomis as I find they have the best feel for me. In my experience I found that the lightest rods are not always the best, usually unbalanced and cause alot of fatigue on the arms. Lightese is not always the best when it comes to baitcasters. However with that said. A rod needs to be perfectly balanced no matter what it is. I usually spend a day on the water after I buy a new rod with different reels and different line combos trying to find the best possible fit for that rod. Before you say it, yes I have a problem. :w00t::w00t: But in doing so I find the best possible line, rod, reel,combo that I can.

I spend alot of time on the water and with properly balanced combos I can come home not feeling tired from using them. After all whats the sense of buying a high end combo to look good when you have to go home and ice your arm after a day of fishing.

Should point out that G Loomis was also recently bought out by Shimano, and it is widely felt that this will hurt the quality of G Loomis rods as Shimano will try and fit them in their rod "hierarchy."

Also, if fancy rods are more sensitive and you can feel more structure and finicky bites then they certainly do catch more fish.

Nice pickup.

Should point out that G Loomis was also recently bought out by Shimano, and it is widely felt that this will hurt the quality of G Loomis rods as Shimano will try and fit them in their rod "hierarchy."

Also, if fancy rods are more sensitive and you can feel more structure and finicky bites then they certainly do catch more fish.

Nice pickup.

that happened a few years ago I got stuck with a broken $695 float rod that they stopped honouring the warranty on I was ticked

Shimano purchased G. Loomis in 1997.

their quality has not suffered one bit in the last 13 years.

if anything, Loomis rods have improved by a whole lot, mainly because Shimano left the company alone.

the only thing that they did that pissed people off was made the availablity of rod blanks for rod builders a lot less available.

that was the one complaint that I have heard many times over the years since the buy out.

"my fav. rod blank isn't available anymore.."

I have a few Loomis rods, the SJR782 in GL3 is the best overall spinning rod I have ever used. its awesome. I find my self reaching for that rod more than any other in my arsenal smile.gif

back when G. Loomis Canada had a plant in Mount Hope, I had to use the warranty for a broken rod. I got a brand new baitcasting rod for $60. a new one would have been 4 times that much.

however, now that G. Loomis Canada has apparently closed down that plant, I am not sure how the warranty will work in Canada as all Loomis rods are now G. Loomis USA rods. the one I got from basspro a few years ago says 'usa' on the rod decal..

probably just means you have to ship it down to the states for warranty issues. A real pain in the ass now that Loomis Canada is not around.. or are they?

can anyone explain what happened?

Edited by 12 Volt Man

Shimano purchased G. Loomis in 1997.

their quality has not suffered one bit in the last 13 years.

if anything, Loomis rods have improved by a whole lot, mainly because Shimano left the company alone.

the only thing that they did that pissed people off was made the availablity of rod blanks for rod builders a lot less available.

that was the one complaint that I have heard many times over the years since the buy out.

"my fav. rod blank isn't available anymore.."

I have a few Loomis rods, the SJR782 in GL3 is the best overall spinning rod I have ever used. its awesome. I find my self reaching for that rod more than any other in my arsenal smile.gif

back when G. Loomis Canada had a plant in Mount Hope, I had to use the warranty for a broken rod. I got a brand new baitcasting rod for $60. a new one would have been 4 times that much.

however, now that G. Loomis Canada has apparently closed down that plant, I am not sure how the warranty will work in Canada as all Loomis rods are now G. Loomis USA rods. the one I got from basspro a few years ago says 'usa' on the rod decal..

probably just means you have to ship it down to the states for warranty issues. A real pain in the ass now that Loomis Canada is not around.. or are they?

can anyone explain what happened?

I just had to warranty a rod last year sent it to Canadian address can't remember off hand cost $75 shipped to my door no ??? 's asked