(NF) - My Jeep update

SlowPoke

For those of you that forgot or didn't catch my other Jeep thread...

My Cherokee was stolen and recovered Jan 31. There was some damage etc..

DSC03182.jpg

I posted it for sale and it generated lots of interest but no serious bidders. While I was looking for a replacement for the Cherokee I found a nice Chevy Tahoe. I happened to mention that I was selling my Jeep, he expressed some interest and we came to a trade deal.

96_tahoe_side.jpg

So, my wife is happy that she doesn't have to pick me up from work at 3AM when she needs the van and I'm happy because after all the work I put into the Jeep, I didn't relish the thought of touching it again.

-Brian

SO...when does the lift kit go under it ? :dunno::lol:

This one is a beater Wayne, not a project... although... I'd like to put some better rubber on it!

One of these days when I have a nice big garage I'll build a Nice CJ Jeep, from the ground up. You can still buy anything you want for those including frame and body tub.

-Brian

I'd like to be the first to welcome you to the brotherhood of fine trucks. I got a 03 tahoe this year, and it is by far my fav of the fleet. A beater is a little bit of a harsh term, your membership to the brotherhood may have to be reviewed....

I'd like to be the first to welcome you to the brotherhood of fine trucks. I got a 03 tahoe this year, and it is by far my fav of the fleet. A beater is a little bit of a harsh term, your membership to the brotherhood may have to be reviewed....

Thanks for the 'welcome' but I've been in the brotherhood of fine trucks for quite somrtime.. I just renewed my membership...

As for the beater comment... perhaps a little harsh. It's our convenience vehicle - we could get by without but it makes life (fishing excursions) so much easier.

Here is my 'burban... traded it for a '97 Astro. The Suburban didn't have enough seats for my wife's big babysitting venture... sorry, I'm still a little bitter about that.

92SuburbanRear.jpg

I use an old 4L YJ...did the 2" spring thing last year...looking at lockers now.

Lockers are nice. Beware of that rear axle though (unless you have a rare YJ Dana 44). Dana 35's don't take kindly to lockers and big rubber. I assume you have 33" or 35" rubber?

What kind of Locker are you looking at?

-Brian

great choice! Love the Colour :D

i picked up this girl today. 03' Yukon SLT.

Very nice Steve, that's the younger and sexier sister to mine!

I had considered buying a newer one (probably just like yours) but I've been payment free for too long and squandered away the money I was accustom to shelling out for car payments. That "oh it feels so good not to have a car payment" feeling went away in about 2 months! It's going to hurt bad when I want (or need) to buy a newer vehicle.

Edited by SlowPoke

Thanks Man!

Yes, i put myself in a little debt, (paid 1/3 cash up front, 2/3 loan), but its the first time i've ever been in debt....i've always paid cash for my purchases (first lumina and boat)....

I'm a little nervous, but excited at the same time.....no more worrying about if my vehicle is going to be able to pull my boat out of the water......

after sliding backwards into the niagara river in the Lumina Car....i knew it was time for an upgrade, lol. :thumbsup_anim:

Congrats again on the purchase!!!!