Gulp at Nipissing?

I use theme all the time on nipissing while trolling i hock them on a spinner jig, Personally i prefer the 4" minnow and a green and yellow spinner jig

the spinner dont get syuck in the weeds as much

Edited by pikeguy

Don't get hung up on local lore---A Walleye is the same fish in any body of water--different reactions come from said walleyes reacting to their environment.

Had a PWT winner fish with me a couple times---his theory---finding the fish is the tough part---once you locate them--you can catch them.

Remember---you heard it here first--so always check back to Bushart Co. for all your name droppin and fish catchin.

I have had guys fish with me that have tried something other than a jig and a worm.

They will get the odd one but I have always caught more fish on the outings with my old standby.

Same with me. I'd love to figure out how to be successful with Gulp on walleyes on Nipissing just to get away from constantly rebaiting from the perch but it hasn't happened for me and I've tried multiple times. Other lakes I've had success but not on Nipissing, possibly because we fish more of the rocky ledges than the weedbeds. I suspect drifting weedbeds the eyes would commit more quickly, I mean they see it and they are programmed to strike before the minnow hides while on ledges they usually want a taste. I've had great success in Quebec with Gulp, but the only thing I've caught on Nipissing is northerns and bass.