Rapala customer service

Gregoire

I broke a new rapala r-type casting rod in April. Then on the week-end noticed that my r-type casting reel was not locking in after casting. Today I brought them to the factory and they were both replaced no questions asked. Needless to say I am very happy. I definitely will be purchasing rapala rods and reels in the future.

Edited by fishgreg

I have had poor relations with Rapala.... just try and call when all the lips rip out of your baits... I have had this on several Husky Jerks... perhaps it is just me... I dunno.. but I bought a bunch of HJ's and have had issues with all of them.. perhaps a bad batch...

but Rapala did nothing.. they asked me to send them the eyehooks back to them...

Ughhh..

I blame it on a bad batch.. but I have experienced their customer service..

G

I also broke my Rapala rod tip. I guess a proof of purchase is a must have when visiting for service? If so, I am out of luck. Also, can someone give me their Oshawa service center address/?

Where are you located?What model is it? I may be able to help you get it replaced.Gerrit I don't understand why you think it's bad customer service just because they wanted you to send in the eye hooks??? It's their way of knowing how many you bought and replacing them WITHOUT a receipt,the lures may have had an issue not disputing that but too bash them cause they wanted some kinda proof you even bought them to begin with????? :rolleyes:

Edited by hirk

I have had poor relations with Rapala.... just try and call when all the lips rip out of your baits... I have had this on several Husky Jerks... perhaps it is just me... I dunno.. but I bought a bunch of HJ's and have had issues with all of them.. perhaps a bad batch...

but Rapala did nothing.. they asked me to send them the eyehooks back to them...

Ughhh..

I blame it on a bad batch.. but I have experienced their customer service..

G

As soon as I read the original poster I remember your posting regarding Rapala Service on those baits. Wasn't it just last year ?

Maybe you can pay a visit to the customer service center and finally get some results. Here in the Buffalo area we have none of these customer centers as I also read where someone up your way had a issue with a Lowrance HDS 5 unit filling up with water (a well documented problem with the early models) and just took it to the Lowrance Customer Service Center (I guess in the Great Toronto Area) and was handed a new unit, no questions ask...if that would of happened to me I would have had to send it in to Lowrance in Tulsa, OK. Kind of makes me wonder is I could bring it up to the Lowrance Service Center in Canada ?

Bob