Lake Nipissing Walleye May 14-16

TC1OZ

Any idea on baits and presentation? I'm thinking painted jigs with some sort of soft plastics (switch it up) and just bounce it off bottom.

Any tips, tricks, hints, suggestions?

Heading to buddies cottage and we are land locked, but its probably for the best :clapping:

were you going? may be able to help you out with areas to try from

i fish the west arm area. I know that area pretty well and can help you around there, I launch from Laving, and further down the 64 there are some good spots to go from shore around there if you want.

Edited by pikeguy

were you going? may be able to help you out with areas to try from

i fish the west arm area. I know that area pretty well and can help you around there, I launch from Laving, and further down the 64 there are some good spots to go from shore around there if you want.

west end close to the town of lavigne

a little bit more north east

between cash bay and laviighe

So probably close hahaha. Hook me up via PM or post it. I don't know the area. My buddy says we can just catch tons off his dock, I'd like to get out there for everything and anything! I believe Pike opens on the Saturday and I'd love to land a monster :thumbsup_anim: But I'm hoping to get drunk enough to eat a fish or two, and I hear walleye are good eats!

Under the bridge in Laving is a good spot to fish at this time of the year. The water is very low this year, so of the docks may not be very good. Further down the 64 there are some more bridges about 15-20 min heading for Noell-ville and lunches they are deeper so more water. If you want go to a tourist camp to rent a boat to go out in since its not the long weekend it shouldn't to bizzy. the one that comes to mind is called Pakes is close to were you are going.

Under the bridge in laving i use a hook with a long worm or leaches for pickerel/walleye since that is what you are going to find there the should be coming of there sponging beds and its were the lake narrows so they go pass there to get back in the main lake.

The bridge on LaPlage rd were you may be heading of leclair rd is a good spot for pike as well that is on the Veuve river that dumps into Nipissing.

if you get me the street that your gonna be on i can see what i can come up with for ya

hop this helps you for know

keep in touch and i will keep you up to date on the water levels and as they change i may have better spots to go to.

My dad just lives right outside of Lavigne so I am up there alot. Shore fishing is limited but as someone posted the bridges on 64 will all produce fish.The River right in Sturgeon is another good bet,down by the new docks.The River in Verner is also another good bet for pike early in the spring.

My dad just lives right outside of Lavigne so I am up there alot. Shore fishing is limited but as someone posted the bridges on 64 will all produce fish.The River right in Sturgeon is another good bet,down by the new docks.The River in Verner is also another good bet for pike early in the spring.

is your dad from that area or did he move there, my family is from there lol

Nippissing (like the rest of Zone 11 that isn't exceptioned) opens for the season on the 3rd Saturday... ie the 15th at 12:01 am.

Any money says I'm drinking a brew tossing a glow spoon hahaha at just that moment.

is your dad from that area or did he move there, my family is from there lol

Actually from London but retired up there about 6 years ago. He was born and raised in Massey. He bought a property up there 20 years ago and rented it out until he retired.He use to have a trailer in Panorama Camp.

Actually from London but retired up there about 6 years ago. He was born and raised in Massey. He bought a property up there 20 years ago and rented it out until he retired.He use to have a trailer in Panorama Camp.

Thats funny my parents house was 1/4 down that road and Panarama was owned by my cousin Denis Rainville. since i was 9 we would be there for summer and all school breaks, i lived at that house from 93 to 99 then mouved to sudbury

One of my peeves is the garbage "some" people leave behind when fishing from the shore near bridges in this area.

Please do not leave any garbage AND maybe even pick up the garbage the guy before you left... (the excuse that I did not put it there.. so I am not going to pick it up... sucks!"

I am always picking up garbage left under the bridge (and also on islands from campers) where I live.

This is a beautiful and clean area. Let's work together to keep it that way!

thanks for your help... and have fun fishing...!

the cap't :Gonefishing:

One of my peeves is the garbage "some" people leave behind when fishing from the shore near bridges in this area.

Please do not leave any garbage AND maybe even pick up the garbage the guy before you left... (the excuse that I did not put it there.. so I am not going to pick it up... sucks!"

I am always picking up garbage left under the bridge (and also on islands from campers) where I live.

This is a beautiful and clean area. Let's work together to keep it that way!

thanks for your help... and have fun fishing...!

This is a little out of left field...

Have I done something for you to question my cleanliness or my respect towards nature?

**Edit**

My friends family also owns two cottages on Nipissing (which is where I'm visiting)... I think they've been respecting their properties for quite some time now.

My buddy is pretty confident I'll be catching lots of pike and walleye off his dock but I want to keep my options open!!

Edited by TC1OZ

Oops......!!!

TC1OZ... no slight intended ...! my apologies if I have offended you.. believe me that was NOT the intention!~

As someone here was suggeting the West Arm bridge on Hwy.64 is a great place to catch walleyes (and it is)... I just wanted to take this ... opportunity to remind "all people" ... not to leave garbage under the bridge...

I am constanly picking up pop cans, beer bottles, plastic minnonw bags and other junk left by people fishing under this bridge...

And in general more people will mean more mess...!

It is fine to encourage people to fish from shore.. and the bridges of the West Arm ... or for that matter anywhere else...

But the fact is a certain number of people leave a lot of garbage (from time to time) under our bridge... and it gives everyone fishing there a bad name...!

So please do not be offended here... but embrace the message...!

Oops......!!!

TC1OZ... no slight intended ...! my apologies if I have offended you.. believe me that was NOT the intention!~

As someone here was suggeting the West Arm bridge on Hwy.64 is a great place to catch walleyes (and it is)... I just wanted to take this ... opportunity to remind "all people" ... not to leave garbage under the bridge...

I am constanly picking up pop cans, beer bottles, plastic minnonw bags and other junk left by people fishing under this bridge...

And in general more people will mean more mess...!

It is fine to encourage people to fish from shore.. and the bridges of the West Arm ... or for that matter anywhere else...

But the fact is a certain number of people leave a lot of garbage (from time to time) under our bridge... and it gives everyone fishing there a bad name...!

So please do not be offended here... but embrace the message...!

No problem, just seemed more like an attack out of left field than a topic of discussion lol.

I don't post much about it on this forum, but a few of my local hot spots are near Tim Hortons... And I've been doing a lot of roll up collection this time of year... and funny how they are all losers? I have a feeling people keep the winners... But I feel the same as you, it wasn't there to begin with, shouldn't be left there.

Good point, I agree with you 100%, but I'm sure that if you read it now you'll see why I was confused. :whistling: