OHL followers

misfish

I thought they played the colt's home games on the local rogers channel? They did about 7 years ago with ole Greg Hotham as the colour guy! I am heading down to Barrie next tuesday and was hoping to catch a game but looks like they are in windsor when Iam down there. Hopefully the colts can win and make us Alum proud!

GO COLTS!

Rogers cable channel don't work to well on Express Vu though

All the pros that are in the know,have picked Barrie and Windsor to meet in the finals.Barrie is up 3-1 against Mississaga(as expected) but the Kitchener Rangers are spanking Windsor.All that talent Windsor has , thier on thier way out,down 3-0.

Ya think they(the rangers) want a piece of Park? Park,for those that dont know,was Kitcheners goalie that we picked up in a trade.Great one if you ask me. :thumbsup_anim:

PLAYOFFS one just never knows. :unsure:

Hey Brian,,,, What was that you said?????

I have bitten my tongue on this one for 2 weeks. Your Colts are the most overated team I have every seen. They were ranked #1 in the CHL playing in the weakest conference. Not much of a challenge all year. They had Mississauga as their only competition, doesn't matter who they had played, they would have had their hands full with Kitchener, London, Plymouth or maybe even the Sault. I believe that the media truely had people believe that they were the real thing which was very misleading. On today's broadcast they talked about how Barrie won both meetings with Windsor but failed to mention that Windsor had 6 players missing at the World Jr's and were playing with 5 Jr B players in their line up.

I'm not saying the series is over as we know what happened in the Kitchener vs Windsor series. If the Colts can win game 4 they will be on their way and heading home for game #5 and anything can happen.

The hit on the goalie at the end was pure frustration on Barrie's part and was brutal. Should make for an interesting game 4.

Anything can happen and lets see how the cards fall.

Yeah I kinda blew my load earlly didnt I. :wallbash::wallbash:

They are looking bad and Im frustrated.

As for the hit on the goalie.He was playing the puck,fair game,but not called for.

4 straight .lets see.

All in good fun I know, but it can be done lets see how it plays out.

Yeah I kinda blew my load earlly didnt I. :wallbash::wallbash:

They are looking bad and Im frustrated.

As for the hit on the goalie.He was playing the puck,fair game,but not called for.

Like drafting the Windsor GM's kid out of midget in the first round - fair game but against their gentleman's agreement. The Barrie organization is showing themselves as a cheap shot organization from the back office out to the ice. I suspect their silliness is a bit embarrassing for a lot of you fans.

JF

Like drafting the Windsor GM's kid out of midget in the first round - fair game but against their gentleman's agreement. The Barrie organization is showing themselves as a cheap shot organization from the back office out to the ice. I suspect their silliness is a bit embarrassing for a lot of you fans.

JF

All the kid's drafted are in midget. If Windsor wanted him so bad why didn't they pick him first. What they thought that everyone would let go untill there pick again. He's fair game, maybe not a first rounder but Barrie was the last pick of the first round. My two cent's

Go Colts Go

Scooter

All the kid's drafted are in midget. If Windsor wanted him so bad why didn't they pick him first. What they thought that everyone would let go untill there pick again. He's fair game, maybe not a first rounder but Barrie was the last pick of the first round. My two cent's

Go Colts Go

Scooter

If there were no rules the OHL would be drafting Minor Atoms. The scouts said he wasn't a first rounder. But the point is that it's a gentleman's agreement. Does that mean Barrie's exempt?

JF

If there were no rules the OHL would be drafting Minor Atoms. The scouts said he wasn't a first rounder. But the point is that it's a gentleman's agreement. Does that mean Barrie's exempt?

JF

It's cutthroat, there is no agreement that means anything unless it is on paper. What about the american kids that are first rounders but tell all the teams they are going to go to school and then a team like london picks them up as a sleeper in the 3-4 round. If a kid is still on the board and no one has taken him he is fair game, maybe he wasn't a first rounder but maybe they didn't think anyone else had as much potential as he did. Barrie has made some question trades and draft picks in the past few years and it happens, but since the owner ship change it has been happening alot more. The organization has changed from what it used to be when Jamie Massie was running things. Hopefully the colts can come back and atleast make it a series but the way the last couple games have gone I don't think they will be able to. Good for the kids on making it this far though, it is never easy no matter what conference your in to make it to the finals

Go Colts

Your Colts are the most overated team I have every seen.

Are you serious? That's bold statement to say, why because they are down 3-0 in a series? They lost the first 2 by 1 goal, which really could've gone either way. Infact I'd go as far as saying they would've come out with a win last night if it wasn't for Grubauer having the game of his career. He was the only reason this game wasn't a different outcome. They peppered windsor for 44 shots and had dozens of scoring chances (many premium).

I will say however that it was sad to see the emotions get out of control at the end. Archibald's clown hit made me want to punch him out. I was happy to see Grubauer laugh it off, he seems like a good guy.

JF

the only reason they are making a big deal out of the draft is because it was barrie that took him if it were anyone else you wouldn't even know no one said a word when kitchener took Maxwell and his dad is a strom coach and division rivals

just found out that Archibald Wallice and Renaldo all got susspened indefenitly after sundays game Archibald got charging the goalie Wallice for the Kennedy hit and shots after and Renaldo for an altercation with an official and both Barrie and Windsor were fined $5000 each for off ice incidents

Edited by steelhead hunter

But the point is that it's a gentleman's agreement. Does that mean Barrie's exempt

I would like to know what he told his son,after he passed him by in the draft.???????????????

Like mentioned,if it were another team,we wouldnt be talking about it.

It,s hard on a player when your team mates know your ol mans the coach.Im sure alot of us know that.

just found out that Archibald Wallice and Renaldo all got susspened indefenitly after sundays game Archibald got charging the goalie Wallice for the Kennedy hit and shots after and Renaldo for an altercation with an official and both Barrie and Windsor were fined $5000 each for off ice incidents

I cant say Im surprised SH.They interviewed a few Barrie fans that were there.Sounds like it got way out of hand.

GO COLTS

I would like to know what he told his son,after he passed him by in the draft.???????????????

Like mentioned,if it were another team,we wouldnt be talking about it.

It,s hard on a player when your team mates know your ol mans the coach.Im sure alot of us know that.

He probably said something like "It would look bad if we took you in the first round. They'd say it was only because you're the GM's kid. We'll keep our fingers crossed that the other GM's take the high road and let us take you in the second round where you're ranked." That's the problem with gentlemens' agreements. They only work with gentlemen.

You're right about family getting involved in sports. It's tough for the coaches and the kid when family is involved. I've been there. My own son lost on both fronts. I had to be tougher with him than the other kids and he still took a lot of abuse for being the coach's kid. He got so frustrated with the second class treatment that he quit hockey after bantam and went to play house league. The funny part was that once he was playing house league there was a scout for a top Jr B team doing his damnedest to recruit him but he'd had enuf of hockey politics by then and was concentrating on his first love, volleyball. It wasn't as high profile but he said he had a lot more fun.

JF

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i'm glad someone said something about the ohl's drafting tactics. for years the spitfires have been picking up guys that scared other teams off by stating their intentions to play in the ncaa, then they scoop them up...and it's not always in the 3rd or 4th round. cam fowler is a pretty good example. :whistling:

there was just an article about this in our local newspaper the other day. good thing branch loves windsor!

Sad to say John,our local tv rogers is not caring the game.4-2 Wind.

Me thinks thier done.

Other than the possibility of a league requested blackout I'd say something about how typically Rogers that is to carry it in Stratford but not in Barrie. As for the blackout I doubt many fans would feel compelled to make the trip to Windsor because they couldn't get it on tv.

JF