Live Target lures

bow slayer

Anyone tried these? These lures have amazing detail,just wondering if they are worth the money? I would like to pick up a couple of the new perch finsihed musky ones in the glow finish but at 24 bucks each are they worth about 10 bucks more than the rapala similar bait? thanks

I love the lures. They catch fish. I have a bunch and I'm really excited to try out some of the new ones I picked up for this season. And I was talkin to someone who is in charge of marketing and prostaff for the company and they are expanding the line up even further. He is very excited about what they have coming. Can't wait to see it!!

Been using the smelt imatator on browns this spring with good results.

trakes perfect right out of box. Shallow diver runs a little deeper on the troll then the box claims.

Had it down to 9 feet on a mono 100 ft length behind the boards.

Right time, right place is the key with any bait on the market. The thing you get with Live Target is a multi faceted design that really help with light refraction. When I was filming them underwater this showed very well. Even though they are not crazy bright colors, they reflect a lot of light and really catch your attention. It also doesn't hurt that they come with some of the best components on the water like Daichii hooks. The Crawfish Crank and Crawfish Trap has performed really well for me as has the Smelt as a jerkbait on the Great Lakes and some Northern Lakes that have herring and emeralds in them. They track very well and recover even better when they bump obstacles, right out of the box, no tuning needed.

Before anyone decides to say something... I'm not sponsored by them but I do buy and use them, so this is not paid advertising, just a happy customer.:w00t:

JP

I haven't been successful with the bait, but I don't think I've done it justice, so like I said, I'll readjust my pattern and hopefully turn it into more of a weapon. Good of you to speak about them, JP, and yup, those are pretty good hooks. The new baits in the lineup look amazing!

OK, I must be doing something wrong. I bought the smelt specifically for lakers...are you using the diver or the shallow runner? I assume you are trolling it? Thanks for any feedback.

Yup trolling, particularly right after ice out when the water temp is in the high 30's up to about 45F. 2-3mph in shallow sandy bays. This is the diver. Previously my go to bait at this time was the deep xrap. Im keying in on 10-20ft.

The lakers really seem to prefer a smaller white or natural bait at this time. I also have success slowly trolling, wild eye swim shad and smaller kickin' minnows.

Yup trolling, particularly right after ice out when the water temp is in the high 30's up to about 45F. 2-3mph in shallow sandy bays. This is the diver. Previously my go to bait at this time was the deep xrap. Im keying in on 10-20ft.

The lakers really seem to prefer a smaller white or natural bait at this time. I also have success slowly trolling, wild eye swim shad and smaller kickin' minnows.

Thanks. That's what I got the diving smelt for, but haven't hooked-up with it yet.

I have been raving about these since they first came out and were not that well known. I cant say enough good about them. I catch a ton of fish on them but like JP stated. Every one lure has a place and a time. I find that these have to be fished the same way as the baitfish you are imitating. If not they are not that effective. However, presented at the right time these will out fish anything. I alwaya have one or 2 maybe 3 sometimes while fishing.

I went out and bought the new smelt bait(looks good) for my spring laker trip , what size are you guys fishing with for lake trout ?

When you say small do you mean the 2.5" one or the 3.5" one ?

I got the 3.5" smelt that dives too 8' I think ! I hope this one works or should I get the smaller one ?

Thanks

Anyone tried these? These lures have amazing detail,just wondering if they are worth the money? I would like to pick up a couple of the new perch finsihed musky ones in the glow finish but at 24 bucks each are they worth about 10 bucks more than the rapala similar bait? thanks

24 bucks a piece?

you are paying way to much

pm me i am sure i can get these to you for a lot less

rick