crappie, crappie and more crappie

Jer

With this cold front coming today, I thought I better get out last night for a bit...it looks like the weekend is a write-off.

I know it's been said before...but they were on fire! I was only out for about an hour and it was non-stop action, I never had to move, I must have caught a hundred fish, mostly crappie, but also some monster bluegill.

I filled the livewell with my take for the evening:

2010_0415pictures0001.JPG

After an hour or so, my partner for the evening gave me the look that it was time to go in:

2010_0415pictures0003.JPG

He can only handle so long in the boat these days.

After a bit of culling at the dock, I kept the best ten. Ready for the knife:

2010_0415pictures0004.JPG

Previous years, we'd still be waiting more than a week to get out. Gotta love the new regs.

I'm also loving the new regs Jer. Just think of all the killer crappie fishing we've been missing out on all these years!!! I was out last night as well. Same results, lots of fish. I let them all go this time, but there were some big slabs pulled over the gunnels of my boat, along with a pile of huge gills. I love it!!

S.

take his blanket next time so he has some where to curl up and stay warm.

you dont find a better fishing partner then that. :thumbsup_anim:

I really wish it was as simple as that...you're right about the second part though.

2010_0415pictures0003.JPG

LOL.....I've seen that look from my little girl (gotsta peee dad!). :D

Good job on the feed, tasty them crappie are!

You nailed it Spiel, I would've just let him off on shore to take care of business, but he has a heck of a time getting on and off the boat these days, near impossible without a level dock...poor old bugger.

You nailed it Spiel, I would've just let him off on shore to take care of business, but he has a heck of a time getting on and off the boat these days, near impossible without a level dock...poor old bugger.

I've tried to get my girl to just piss in the back of the boat where I could just wash it off into the bilge.....no dice.

This year I'm gonna try bringing a small piece of astro turf (or something similar) to see if that'll work for her.

She's young so maybe there's still hope. dunno.gif

Like you though I'm sure the option of going without her (him) is not in question, it makes her (his) day. thumbsup_anim.gif