Anyone use a Fenwick HMX Triggerstik Muskie rod??

freshjive

Fenwick® HMX® Triggerstik Muskie W/Carbolloy Tip Top --> $120

i'm a newbie whe it comes to musky fishin, and this rod was recommended..

the 8 'Rod felt great in hand in the store, but still shopping around... anyone got any likes /dislikes? is it a good buy?

Edited by freshjive555

I agree with above, Fenwick used to make good rods, their newer rods have very high contant of graphite and feel very light and sensitive in your hand but are very brittle and break easy, I know their lifetime warranty is still one of the best(on higher end rods) but you won't get that with HMX,

I am sure you can get a St.Croix Premier for more or less the same price range.

ive had/have a fenwick hmx 10.5' that i use as a spinning set up for the last 6 years .... the first one literally blew up and the replacement rod is indestructible ..... :dunno: ...would i buy another if this one eventually breaks?....sure the price point is good ...the rod is really light and im completely satisfied with its performance...

my fenwick fly rod exploded at the handle but i had a new seat put on and ...no probs thus far (insert knock on wood icon)

Edited by Twocoda

How do Fenwicks compare with Okumas and Shimano Compres?

Anyone know where to get Okumas in southern Ontario? I haven't looked around except for online but pretty sure Lebaron and Basspro don't have them.

good question.. i was eyeballing a shimano compre (only because my shimano spinning set-up has never let me down.. 17 yrs and counting)...

you can get them at my local store (HIRK'S) in courtice, but i haven't seen any at basspro

ive had/have a fenwick hmx 10.5' that i use as a spinning set up for the last 6 years .... the first one literally blew up and the replacement rod is indestructible ..... :dunno: ...would i buy another if this one eventually breaks?....sure the price point is good ...the rod is really light and im completely satisfied with its performance...

my fenwick fly rod exploded at the handle but i had a new seat put on and ...no probs thus far (insert knock on wood icon)

good input, but i hate the idea that my rod will go kaboom with the first fish on.. and then i'll be designated netter for the rest of the run..sad.gif

Over the last couple years I got rid of all my St. Croix Premier & Avid rods and replaced them with Shimano Compres. Just my personal opinion but to me, the Compres are the nicest musky rods I've ever used.

They just fit & feel real good.

Instead of paying $120 on an HMX, pay $99 on a Fenwick Techna AV (on sale at Le Baron), which has life time warranty. There were still a few left last time I was at the Markham store. The Techna AV is better than St Croix Premier, probably closer to the Avid.