Orillia Perch Fest Anyone

Fish Farmer

We are going up on Friday and staying till Sunday at the Highwayman. Will likely be 6 adults and a bunch of kids. I love it there it is a great time,we do a lot of fishing trips in a year and this is by far my favorite. We will be the ones cooking perch in the parking lot!!

We are going up on Friday and staying till Sunday at the Highwayman. Will likely be 6 adults and a bunch of kids. I love it there it is a great time,we do a lot of fishing trips in a year and this is by far my favorite. We will be the ones cooking perch in the parking lot!!

johndox, we are in the ajoining rooms, ground floor at the back. Look for the boat that was won last year, thats us. Come over and shot the crap.

Have FUN Dave !! I'll be in the shop.. :wallbash:

Wayne, take a brake and come down. I'll have a cold one or 2 for you. :thumbsup_anim:

WE might be going up for the day on Saturday. We don't go to Orillia though. Just too many boats for my liking. Thora Island area is where we fish.

Have fun up there, as if it needs to be said.

Cheers, Ron...

iam heading up as well,does anyone know if theres any other scales around the lake.i was hopeing to fish cooks bay and dont want to drive all the way up to orillia.

Perch entered must be weighed in at the Perch Derby HQ's at Tudhope Park, west side of the Narrows at #12 and Atherley Rd.

iam heading up as well,does anyone know if theres any other scales around the lake.i was hopeing to fish cooks bay and dont want to drive all the way up to orillia.

Perch entered must be weighed in at the Perch Derby HQ's at Tudhope Park, west side of the Narrows at #12 and Atherley Rd.

The derby is not for the heaviest perch, you just bring 1 small Perch to the head quarters, it goes in a release tank and you get 1 entry slip that goes in a drum then your derby registration slip is marked off for that day. 1 entry per day can go in the drum. At the end of the derby, they draw for a boat motor trailer package. My buddy was lucky, he won it last year, he never owned a boat in his life. This is him on the right when we pick it up. What a happy guy.

ray1i.jpg

Some of our group, the kids at the Hywayman. This was 2 weeks before he won, 2nd from the left.

grouplz.jpg

Edited by Fish Farmer

I've always wanted to fish the perch festival in past years, but somehow never managed to participate.

These days, I'm too busy with work, family and the "HONEY DO" list.

More time fishing is something I look forward to in retirement.

nice,way to go guys.thanks for the info and i guess i have to drive to orillia.do you know how many launches are there.

There's a couple free launches across the street from the headquarters, a pay launch at the narrows,or free launch at I think it's called Centennial Park in Orillia just off Front street but it puts you on the Cooch side of the narrows. When launching there boating across Cooch, stay to the left going across to the narrows, couple shallow spots if you don't to the right. If you have any littles guys they can fish on the docks there for perch, they release a few tagged perch there.