Boat Covers

Basskicker

Just purchased a new Stratos 176XT and I need to find a boat cover. My boat will be left in the water for 6-7 months a year in a marina or at my dock.....I will store it on land during the winter months of course, so I need a cover that I am able to put on while the boat is sitting in the water when and I'm not there.

I called a few places for a custom snap on cover and they want upwards of a $1000.00 bucks!!! :o

What are my options?

Thanks

Jason

Edited by Basskicker

The one that I bought for my Tracker, I ordered throu Cabelas - to my door was under $175.00 Can. I use bungie rope to go under it while its at the dock in 3 places. I have been doing this for the last 5 years and even the worst Kawartha storm has yet to pull it off.2020.jpg

Don

What'd you do rob a bank? LOL!

Sweet boat dude.

I bought my cover from Cabelas, it was only $300 odd bucks.

You don't need a snap down custom job. Even if it's sitting at the dock in the water and not on the trailer the run of the mill travel cover will do.

It fits around the nose of the boat and over the motor. You should be able to secure it in a couple spots with bungees.

If Cabelas doesn't have them check here:

http://boatcovers.iboats.com/Semi-Custom_Covers/Bass_Boat/?session_id=551738487&cart_id=036828135

I just spent about a week researching price and features. Best to buy a custom cover through the US. Dollar exchange can't be beat and loads of on line site to compare $

I finally decided on a mooring/travel custom fit for my crestliner 1750 $258.67 USD. Cost me $80 for shipping. Should get it next week so not sure if I will get hit with duty but who cares. I got the bow mount electric motor and engine hood. Color matches my boat too. These guys were best $

http://www.boatcovers.com/

I checked some of the other sites and you can get a semi custom fit for a bit less but I'd prefer the exact fit

here's the link right to your boat

http://www.boatcovers.com/product_info1.php?cPath=1_198&products_id=5863

I just spent about a week researching price and features. Best to buy a custom cover through the US. Dollar exchange can't be beat and loads of on line site to compare $

I finally decided on a mooring/travel custom fit for my crestliner 1750 $258.67 USD. Cost me $80 for shipping. Should get it next week so not sure if I will get hit with duty but who cares. I got the bow mount electric motor and engine hood. Color matches my boat too. These guys were best $

http://www.boatcovers.com/

I checked some of the other sites and you can get a semi custom fit for a bit less but I'd prefer the exact fit

here's the link right to your boat

http://www.boatcovers.com/product_info1.php?cPath=1_198&products_id=5863

Cost me an ADDITIONAL $94 for duty/brokerage fees when I ordered my cover from this place 3 years ago! You need to pay this at the door when the UPS guy shows up, or you don't get your cover, (checks are accepted)

just letting you know!

Nice high quality cover though! mines faded a bit but its also dark blue so thats expected.

jjcanoe

I have had a couple of snap cover made by Custom Covers by Rob in brampton last one cost me $400.00 for my 16' smokercraft included puting in 3 fiberglass ribs and covers the motor.He also put in additional reinforcement in the area's that my downrigger plates and rod holders are.

Cannot complain covers are awesome and the pricing was always right.

Think about it we spend how much buying new boats and warranty's don't be afraid to spend the extra on a high quality cover to keep it all looking new.

Here is his #(905) 459-4151

He also has a web site if you google it.

I checked iboats. and they don't have mine listed - at least not yet anyway. 2010 Pro Guide V175.

Funny you should say about the Bass Pro covers. Picked one up the same day I picked up the new boat. Box said it was for the correct length and beam. Guess what we're returning to bass pro today ? :wallbash: Two hour trip - one way. Live and learn I guess.

Picked my latest cover up on ebay for under $150 delivered.

I keep the boat in a portable garage so the main purpose of the cover is just to keep the dust and dirt off the boat.

For custom snap covers check with the guys in the Pt. Credit marina. They can make you a good custom cover way less than $1000. ;)

P6070001.jpg

P6070002.jpg

P6070003.jpg