Need help looking for a child friendly shore spot near Collingwood.

wuchikubo

Hi Everyone,

I've got a couple of days I need to be up near Collingwood for work and will have my kids up there with me too. I was wondering if anyone could PM me any place(s) where I could take the kids (9 & 6) for some shoreline panfish for a few hours. I know there are some trout rivers there but I don't think my kids will have the patience for them (using the 15 minute time span equation). I will be up there just before the trout opener (24th).

Thanks,

Stan

I think you're pretty much out of luck for panfish around Collingwood, you "might", and that's a mighty big might get the rare bite on the inside of the harbour at the old grain mills. Wish you luck.

There was a time,way back.We use to catch alot of perch of the mills FM.

You can still catch some pike and the odd rainbows and whites there this time of year.

Stan,grab a bag of minnows, and give it a try.Atleast you and the the young ones got out.

Try the first part of the harbour.Just where you first get to the water.

Oh.Please make sure they are wearing a PFD. :clapping:

Dont forget your camera to take pics of the swans. ;)

Edited by BrianB

There was a time,way back.We use to catch alot of perch of the mills FM.

You can still catch some pike and the odd rainbows and whites there this time of year.

Stan,grab a bag of minnows, and give it a try.Atleast you and the the young ones got out.

Try the first part of the harbour.Just where you first get to the water.

Oh.Please make sure they are wearing a PFD. :clapping:

Dont forget your camera to take pics of the swans. ;)

Thanks Brian,

I'm looking at Google Maps and not sure which marina/docks you are talking about, could you PM me the closest road (as I don't frequent Collingwood at all)? I can't locate the grain mill you mentioned.

Thanks, Stan

Thanks Brian,

I'm looking at Google Maps and not sure which marina/docks you are talking about, could you PM me the closest road (as I don't frequent Collingwood at all)? I can't locate the grain mill you mentioned.

Thanks, Stan

It's the road that leads to the grain elevators, one street east of the main lights in town on highway 26. The boat launch is on the left side of the road, although as of last week, the docks had not been put in. Good luck.