Deer Blind Project - April 24th - Video Included

Leecher

Been kind of busy lately and was not able to come on line.... sorry folks :blush:

Today, after work, got busy dry fitting my deer blind to see if what I had work so hard for, would fit together..... well let me tell ya that apart from some needed tools by my lonesome (drill, deck screws and clamps).... worked out pretty good B)

So here's the results and enjoy the video!!!

Leechman

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid732.photobucket.com/albums/ww321/leechman1/2010/Deer%20Blind%20Project/DeerBlindProjectUpdate2.flv">

Stay tune for some more!!!

Edited by Leechman

Lookin good! :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks troutboy!!!

Added some additional hardware today..... stay tune will be updating later on.... not finished yet :)

Nice job Leech....that's certainly gonna be a nice blind when completed.

All you'll need is lazyboy in there and your set!!!

Good work, keep us posted!!

Thanks Zulu!!! It's getting better and will be real comfy B) Been working on the bench and window today.... will post an update later on :D

Stay tuned :thumbsup_anim:

Looking forward to the finish.I still think,IMO,you should use what nature has in the bush to cover that hunting hut of yours. :canadian:

Thanks Brian!!! Good idea... I just might do that :canadian:

Uploading a video update..... Stay tuned :)

for a minute I thought you were looking after blind deer.... NOW THAT'S A PROJECT

oh well this is good too....

LOL

LOL Terry :lol: I couldn't shoot a blind deer for the life of me :angel: Stay tuned.... update coming very soon :)

Been kind of busy lately and was not able to come on line.... sorry folks :blush:

Today, after work, got busy dry fitting my deer blind to see if what I had work so hard for, would fit together..... well let me tell ya that apart from some needed tools by my lonesome (drill, deck screws and clamps).... worked out pretty good B)

So here's the results and enjoy the video!!!

Leechman

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid732.photobucket.com/albums/ww321/leechman1/2010/Deer%20Blind%20Project/DeerBlindProjectUpdate2.flv">

why not pre-cut and build on site . must be a huge pain getting the stand to locatrion , no? scent and noise be the same?

Edited by waterwolf

=======================================================================

UPDATE

=======================================================================

Been busy again today.... added the window and bench..... you'll probably notice green dots on the inner side of the studs.... those are the screws that need to be undone when I'm ready to disassemble it :)

Was a real hot day on the deck and got myself a good burn on the neck :blink: Here's the vid Enjoy!!!

Leechman

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid732.photobucket.com/albums/ww321/leechman1/2010/Deer%20Blind%20Project/DeerBlindProjectUpdate3.flv">

Edited by Leechman

why not pre-cut and build on site . must be a huge pain getting the stand to locatrion , no? scent and noise be the same?

Don't ask me why but I can see your reply now :good: This is just a preliminary to see how it fits together.... Getting out to the spot will be pretty easy with a 4x4 bike and trailer. I'll be about 300 yards from the deer feeder.... I'll have a pretty good view of it :)

As for scent and noise... will be setting it up ASAP so that they (the deers) get used to seeing it in their environment B)

Thanks again waterwolf!!!

Don't ask me why but I can see your reply now :good: This is just a preliminary to see how it fits together.... Getting out to the spot will be pretty easy with a 4x4 bike and trailer. I'll be about 300 yards from the deer feeder.... I'll have a pretty good view of it :)

As for scent and noise... will be setting it up ASAP so that they (the deers) get used to seeing it in their environment B)

Thanks again waterwolf!!!

just asking from an ignorant point of view. i hunt exclusively from hang-on archery stands.if you have the means ,,, ofcourse build it at home!!just looking for your perspective . look forward to seeing the finished product. by the way , always enjoy your posts 'bout hunting.

just asking from an ignorant point of view. i hunt exclusively from hang-on archery stands.if you have the means ,,, ofcourse build it at home!!just looking for your perspective . look forward to seeing the finished product. by the way , always enjoy your posts 'bout hunting.

Thanks again waterwolf!!! I know that you hunt with a bow.... must be the ultimate feeling when faced with a deer in close range. Just talking about it get's me all pumped up :lol: I'll make sure to take some footage when I set it up in the bush.... I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy the view from my vintage point ;)

Thanks again waterwolf!!! I know that you hunt with a bow.... must be the ultimate feeling when faced with a deer in close range. Just talking about it get's me all pumped up :lol: I'll make sure to take some footage when I set it up in the bush.... I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy the view from my vintage point ;)

always a pleasure talking to another hunter with his sights on the right targets. posts are always a good read.

This morning visited my brother to see how his deer blind was coming along..... he's almost finished, his is built differently then mine and to tell you the truth.... I prefer mine :whistling::lol:

I took the opportunity to take some plexiglas off his hands and when I got back home got busy building window frames, I even changed the front window to open from the top instead of the bottom.... made sense and gives me more room when I stand up B)

Here's one of the little window I made in the doorway. You can't see the plexiglas but trust me it's there

DSC03834.jpg

The other side

DSC03835.jpg

From the inside.... and you can see the reflection in it

DSC03841.jpg

Other side

DSC03842.jpg

This is the other window I added

DSC03840.jpg

From the inside.... I ran out of wing nuts so I had to improvise :)

DSC03836.jpg

I switched the hinges from the top to the bottom so that the window, when open, rest on the stud at the bottom

DSC03838.jpg

Moved the wing nuts to the top

DSC03837.jpg

On the next two pics is the windows opened

DSC03843.jpg

DSC03844.jpg

That is it for now B) If it's not raining tomorrow, might work on the door so stay tuned for some more.

Tight lines

Leechman

This is hi-tech Jacques--looks great

My version of a blind was break some spruce boughs and put them on the ground and sit under the tree

Thanks Terry!!! This will be my first time in a blind in over 30 some years of hunting.... it's going to be quite cozy in there ;)

It's going to be a real nice Deer Blind. But why would you have a big round table, a recycle bin and a big BBQ in it????

Kidding!!!

Thanks Dan!!!

Very Cool!

im to lazy to build, would rather buy. I should give you an order...i know a couple guys up here that would buy that!

Nicely done

Thanks anders!!! First time undertaking such project and I'm quite pleased with the results so far :D Now I just can't wait to get to the painting stage B)