try getting a new pleasure craft license

johndox

I made a boo boo and put my wallet through the washer and dryer and wrecked most of my documents I had in it and the heat from the dryer did a number on most of my cards. Stupid me I had the ownerships for my two boat trailers and my camper in there too. Not a big deal went to the MTO and for 30 bucks and ten minutes got new ones. My license for my boat was in there too so I went to Service Canada to get a new one and after I explained my story the girls says well I will give you this form and you can take it to a lawyer or a notary and have it signed that says you own the boat blah blah blah. So I say well why cant you just look in your computer and see that the boat is in my name and I will show you id as to who I am and get a new one. She said this was my only way of doing it unless I happened to have the receipt form when I bought the boat. No arguing end of the story see you later. So it is likely a good idea to photo copy all your documents that you carry with you. When I got home and started to look through my stuff I found a copy of my license that I will use for now.

I also tried getting a new health card and went online to change my address since I moved a couple of months ago and their server was down so I tried calling and the girls says we can not change address over the phone so I tell her my story on the washer and dryer and I need a new card and she go online and change it and call us back afterwards. So when the server comes back online I go and change my address call back and sit on hold for 1/2 hour and finally talk to someone and explain again she says well im looking at your profile and it says there has been a new card sent to you since you changed your address one is automatically isssued. Not a very productive day at all

why is it that when you loose your wallet, or wash it, with ALL your ID in it and you try to replace everything the morons always tell you that you have to show them ID to get anything replaced? :wallbash::dunno:

:tease:

scan both sides of EVERY DOCUMENT you have, print it off and save it in a safe place!

I made a boo boo and put my wallet through the washer and dryer and wrecked most of my documents I had in it and the heat from the dryer did a number on most of my cards. Stupid me I had the ownerships for my two boat trailers and my camper in there too. Not a big deal went to the MTO and for 30 bucks and ten minutes got new ones. My license for my boat was in there too so I went to Service Canada to get a new one and after I explained my story the girls says well I will give you this form and you can take it to a lawyer or a notary and have it signed that says you own the boat blah blah blah. So I say well why cant you just look in your computer and see that the boat is in my name and I will show you id as to who I am and get a new one. She said this was my only way of doing it unless I happened to have the receipt form when I bought the boat. No arguing end of the story see you later. So it is likely a good idea to photo copy all your documents that you carry with you. When I got home and started to look through my stuff I found a copy of my license that I will use for now.

I also tried getting a new health card and went online to change my address since I moved a couple of months ago and their server was down so I tried calling and the girls says we can not change address over the phone so I tell her my story on the washer and dryer and I need a new card and she go online and change it and call us back afterwards. So when the server comes back online I go and change my address call back and sit on hold for 1/2 hour and finally talk to someone and explain again she says well im looking at your profile and it says there has been a new card sent to you since you changed your address one is automatically isssued. Not a very productive day at all

D'ya suppose they hire the folks Bell & Rogers fire?

JF

why is it that when you loose your wallet, or wash it, with ALL your ID in it and you try to replace everything the morons always tell you that you have to show them ID to get anything replaced? :wallbash::dunno:

:tease:

scan both sides of EVERY DOCUMENT you have, print it off and save it in a safe place!

Just to build on this, scan your documents, attach to an email to yourself on an 'online' mail such as Yahoo.com, then you can access them practically anywhere....i.e. lost driver's license in another province, lost passport in foreign country etc.

Just to build on this, scan your documents, attach to an email to yourself on an 'online' mail such as Yahoo.com, then you can access them practically anywhere....i.e. lost driver's license in another province, lost passport in foreign country etc.

Don't know if your e-mail gets hacked, then there's 2 of you and who is the legitimat one.

Guest gbfisher

The real joke is that after only 5 years the writing on my card is wearing off. Not my writing when I signed my card with a PEN. :rolleyes: The lettering with my information is coming off. They need a new printing company.:angry: ( any takers?) :excl:

I had to replace my card last year when I was told by a certain OPP officer that my information was wearing thin. So was my patience. I just said that he needed news glasses. :sarcasm: I then said that the only time it is taken from my wallet is to show you guys(opp) and that maybe they should spend more time pulling the "others' over instead of stopping me when you know me by name already and also know that I have all my paper work. Then maybe it would not be worn out. :D I'll send the OPP my bill... :rolleyes: