2 rants in one

Terry

Well I am glad to say Lowrance sent me the replacement HDS5 which had the moisture problem...thanks for that, but they still want 250 bucks to repair the on button on my X67c ice machine which I could buy Brand new for 65 bucks more.....no that is a rip off, no two ways about it.

my steering went in my boat...rack and pinion single cable type

thought to myself, self I can fix that and save money...HE HE.

as I try to pull the old cable along the side of the boat I figure out they put the cable in before they put the interior sides on, which they put on before the put the back platform on

I know this because I had to remove it all to remove the cable..but stuff happens and we move on

now for the second rant

I look on the basspro website and they have the cable steering I needed US price of course

measure twice and write down every number I can find on it

off I go the the biggest tackle store around

couldn't find any on the shelf so I ask a guy in green

oh to to the boat parts desk......I find the little door in the corner and ask the guy behind the counter

he says to me."Everyone who buys these things measure wrong and you can not return them you will be stuck with it"

he hands me the catalog and says here is how you measure, let me know what you want to do,(as he points at a diagram) then walks away to deal with another customer

I look and check it out and it's not how I Idid the measurements , I wanted to talk to him again but he said he was busy with other people and would have to wait...20 minutes waiting

but as I wait I start to read the book

he has pointed to the wrong diagram and the way I measured was the same as they wanted it done on the right one only they wanted you to do some of the measurements on the boat too , I did not

he comes back and tell me the numbers I took off the cable were wrong and the 7 must be a 1.. I say can we open the package and measure the cable, so I know for sure I get the right one....

He says we order them, don't have them in stock and if you order the wrong one you can't return it...

and with taxes in it's over 400 bucks.plus the 2 trips I would need to make to get the part.. at over 20 bucks a trip....so I say I will get back to you cause your not really helping me today

I go home check the numbers on the cable and I was right, it's a 7 not a 1 as he said

I go on line the first place I google is in the states......I instantly find the part number I want ,5 day delivery 200 bucks Canada all in delivered to my door....

200 bucks.........CDN

basspro doesn't stock them and they are RIPPING OFF Canadians ..just because they can....... twice the price of what I can pick it up in the USA. for....

insert.... swearing and petty comments and mean descriptions of their mothers and deformed fatherless children......

oh well soon I will be on the water with new USA steering

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid25.photobucket.com/albums/c52/Mrbeee1954/ofnfever.flv">

Edited by Terry

LOL you might be right Roy..LOL

Glen you are right I need to get fishing

Sinker

I started ordering from Basspro 30 years ago because they were the only place to get good bass stuff and the prices were much better then Canadian stores

my how that has changed.....

I do need to get it done and fishing, if I don't have it ready for the weekend I can use a tiller

DSCF3497.jpg

my folding boat will do it for me and I really want to fish the Kawarthas for Crappie, but I would much rather use the big boat because I don't know how far I will need to boat to find them as I have never fish for them there before in the spring