Double Header Tigers

mattyk

Haven't posted a report in a while. First time fishing since last fall. Had a serious cold front go through yesterday temps were in the 70's on Friday morning woke up to 23f on Saturday with clear skies, with a high of 45f and a winds from the north. Anyways some guys from my local muskies inc chapter went down to the lake for a trash clean up, then some musky fishing. This lake is only 5 minutes from my house and has both tiger and pure muskies. So a few hours into fishing and my buddy yells "fish on", and as he was reeling his fish in, i was bringing in my bait back to the boat to quickly get the net for him, when all of a sudden I feel my bait get stuck, and then i look over and see a fish jump out of the water with my bait, so i yell fish on too. It was a double header and a first for me. Good thing my buddy had the frabill big kahuna net. So we get both fish to the net and realize that they are tigers which is pretty cool, as i have never caught a tiger musky before so it was a first tiger for me and my new personal best. My buddies fish measured 33" and mine was 42". Both fish were released very quickly. I was throwing a phantom glide bait.

Here is my fish

DSC05801.JPG

Here is my buddies fish

DSC05803.JPG

Edited by Mattk

Quite the respectable tigers there Matt. Next time ya need some help cleaning the lake - gimme a yell. Beautiful fish and congrats on the DH - must have been great. :clapping:

We were down your way last night - picking up my new ride at Bass Pro. (Shoulda went down in the early am I guess)

Edited by Rich Clemens

Thanks guys. It was a lot of fun. It was nice to get out on some open water, especially after the long a snowy winter that we had. The tigers are stocked, and they state has been stocking them for the past 25-30 years. Our local chapter of muskies inc started stocking pure muskies in this lake 3 years ago, and now they are pushing the 40" range which is amazing.

Edited by Mattk

Great report and pics Matt :thumbsup_anim:

Never caught a tiger before, let alone a musky..... must of been a great feeling to hook into your fish while your buddy was fighting his.... Awesome :good:

Congrats on your first & PB :clapping: She's a real beauty B)

Thanks for sharing

Leechman