What's with the ads?

cheaptackle

Hi my name is Bruce and I am an a ss . I see now that I should not have let my frustration in loseing something I enjoy so much ,( I feel like I am sitting on my boat or around a camp fire and talking with good friends every time I login ), to make me forget my manners (sorry mom ya taught me better)and I really regret my choice of words and the manner in which they were said.I remember (now after thinking instead of reacting) that Rick did say that the site was not going to work in ie7, well hes right IT DOES NOT.I keep this site up on my work computer all day every day ,being a work machine and rules and such I can not load another broswer and so Im stuck , once at home I loaded firefox and with a bit of this and that the site now runs fine in that browser (Rick if you want to drive your self nutts load ie7 and try the hold ctrl and use your scrool wheel and do it over and over untill your computer freezes and than be so stu[pid to reread the post and do it again)In ie7 the green bar at the top overlaps the title so you just see OFC comm and than the green login bar covers the rest its bigger than the title , posts overlap and do not line up straight , pictures allso cover each other avaters are bigger than the post , the green edit etc. at the bottom of the post is allso bigger than the post itself and if someone Quotes someone forget it and so on and so on ,that is what I ment by the mouse thing and the unprofessional look . I guess that is what Rick ment WHEN HE SAID IT DONT WORK IN ie7, go figure. Sorry all at least in ie7 lo fi it works ok ,I will learn to live with it Im sure . because as G said a rose in any color smells the same.At home things work well, probably better for my employer , Again I beg forgiveness ,(I need a good recipe for CROW the one Im chewing on now dont taste so good) Bruce

Bruce, when I work and the supervisor does not want anyone to install anything on the computer, I just use my $10 usb key and load it with portable firefox, and ebooks. It leaves little to no footprint on the computer and does not install anything. At the end of the night I just yank the usb key out. http://portableapps.com/

If worst comes to worst and you can't up the resolution of the work computer then lo-fi is your best bet.

edited for spelling.

Edited by Syn

Hey Rick and or TJ...

I'm having some issues with the display....sometimes when i'm reading a post, there's words missing on it...if I take my mouse over it and highlight it, I can see them...and the 4 green bars on the bottom of everyones' posts..... a quarter of it is on the left side and three quarters of it are on the right side....weird....

Any ideas?

Get a screen shot along with your browser version and operating system and post in the sticky up top.

I have no problem with the Ad Bot, what's the big deal? So you have to scroll down one more reply to get to responses? Who cares! If it helps these guys make the board float I say go for it... since in reality everyone who's complaining about them put none of their free time into fixing, updating or paying for the necessary upgrades.

I truly do appreciate the hard work that all the mods put in and will be more than happy to check out some new stuff from the bots when it comes up!

JP

I am using Google chrome which is better. Can't find any adds now.clapping.gif

But sometimes I still use IE6. Yep I IE6 cause anything else above runs slow on certain sites.

Old Think Pad G40

DSN

Funny... I'm runing IE 7 and everything seems to work okay, other than I have this in the bottom left corner all the time.. "Code corrupted. Insert fresh copy" and trying to Edit takes a couple taps of the icon to get it to load at times.

I am using Firefox 3.6.2 and everything is working fine. I even disabled my Adblock Plus add-on just for OFC as requested to help out.

With the adds removed from the threads I don't see what the problem is. In fact I disable Adblock before they removed the adds from the threads and never saw anything inappropriate. I guess I don't visit as long as other members.

Only time an ad bothered me was on the "Classified" section. When a member changed his handle to the same one the ads have. That was kind of childish I think, especially when people were kind of up in arms about the ads to begin with.

Other than not knowing what the ad is about, I can't understand why the advertisers would put up an ad that gives no hint of what they are selling. I never click on ads like that. Maybe curiosity kills the cat but hardly ever this one.

Tom

Funny... I'm runing IE 7 and everything seems to work okay, other than I have this in the bottom left corner all the time.. "Code corrupted. Insert fresh copy" and trying to Edit takes a couple taps of the icon to get it to load at times.

Thats the stat counter code. It is semi-corrupted. Just waiting to hear back from the vendor on a new code.

IE7 might work fine if your Java is completely up to date...most people are running rather old Java on their comps though...which is a big risk cause lots of the new exploits out there now target computers with out of date Java.