GO CANADA GO

misfish

The captain of the team Jean Labote is my co-workers brother. She was so excited to fly out last Friday to be with her brother! He had the honor of carrying the Canadian flag into the opening ceremonies last Friday.

By the way, his name is pronounced La Bonte, not the way the announcers keep saying it.

Some of these athletes are pretty freakin' incredible. The image of the typical able-bodied athlete is so ingrained in our minds that it's hard for most of us to appreciate just how accomplished these guys and gals really are. They do stuff without arms and/or legs that most of us couldn't do fully equipped. I feel kinda bad that I haven't paid much attention to this whole paralympic thing in the past. I'm just now beginning to realize that there's nothing second class about what they're doing. It's just different than what we're used to. They deserve just as much respect as the guys who get the limelight on prime time tv. In fact, they probably deserve more of our respect for what they do without the benefit of big financial support and little if any media attention. I'm becoming a fan.

JF

Gold and Bronze today,WTG.

Yesturdays game against Sweden was frigg,n unreal.Those guys can move and shoot and use the body.Was a fantastic game to watch.The talk is USA vs Can final.

Bring it USA.

In fact, they probably deserve more of our respect for what they do without the benefit of big financial support and little if any media attention.

Aggreed.

GO CANADA GO.

Edited by misfish

Gold and Bronze today,WTG.

Yesturdays game against Sweden was frigg,n unreal.Those guys can move and shoot and use the body.Was a fantastic game to watch.The talk is USA vs Can final.

Bring it USA.

Just watched a windup of today's curling. I'm not a bad rock thrower and I'm sure I couldn't throw even close to what they do in my shoes outa the hack let alone in a chair with a stick and no brushers.

They also had the biathlon stuff on. That whole skiing sitting on one ski idea blows me away. As for the sledge hockey, these gotta have some serious upper body development going on, and they get pretty wicked heat with those little bitty sticks.

Like I said, this stuff is fun to watch.

JF